The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Can I change?

I've applied to Psychology at Aberystwyth Uni and got an unconditional offer through the entrance exams, which I've firmed..

However, as much as I enjoy psychology and find it interesting, I'm starting to think I might be better off doing maths..
My A levels are maths, further maths and psychology.. I just always seem to do that little bit better in maths and further maths exams.. especially this exam session.. I dread to think what my psychology results are going to be like..

I was just wondering if it is possible to change course when I get to uni?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by lucyjanegwill
I've applied to Psychology at Aberystwyth Uni and got an unconditional offer through the entrance exams, which I've firmed..

However, as much as I enjoy psychology and find it interesting, I'm starting to think I might be better off doing maths..
My A levels are maths, further maths and psychology.. I just always seem to do that little bit better in maths and further maths exams.. especially this exam session.. I dread to think what my psychology results are going to be like..

I was just wondering if it is possible to change course when I get to uni?
Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi lucyjanegwill,

Sorry about the late reply... here now to help :smile:

I don't think that will be a problem... Usually what happens is that you will change your course once you are here - usually during the first week or so. If I were you, I would email the following people (probably in one email so they're all in the loop)
1) Undergraduate Admissions: [email protected]
2) Psychology: [email protected]
3) Maths: [email protected]

email them explaining what you've said on here. They will be in a better position than me to tell you what you exactly need to do...

I hope that helps :smile:
James
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Quick Reply

Latest