The Student Room Group

Sudden and Serious Dilemma: Cass vs Warwick (MBA 2014)

Hey guys

Until today I was all but set on joining WBS, but something changed.

I checked out the Facebook group of people (30 students each at this point) who have firmed their offer in Cass and Warwick, and I was severely put of by the class profile of WBS.
Diversity, which I feel to be an important criteria in my learning, seems to be nearly non-existent at WBS.
25-27 people from Asia with around 8 from other locations, the professional backgrounds are also not as diverse. It is not the sort of class I was looking forward to.

The FB group for Cass on the other hand is very diverse with a healthy mix of all nationalities and backgrounds.

At this point I still haven't firmed my offer at WBS or Cass, and after seeing the group I am reconsidering Cass again.
And the only thing against Cass is that I do not have a scholarship in that school while at WBS I have a 50% scholarship.

PS: I am happy with the course structure of both schools, and my aim is to shift to strategy consulting (General or IT) in UK from IT in India,

I was about to go and pay the reservation fee for WBS today, and then this happened. So you can understand how distraught I suddenly am.

Please help!
You are the only one that can decide, so I can't be much of help (and I'm not in your field, so take this just as a general opinion)... They are two great schools and Cass has surely great links with employers (if you planned a PhD afterwards I would have probably picked up Warwick). Can you afford CASS even without the fee reduction? Can you afford living in London? If you can and you don't feel that the class at Warwick suits you... I would probably follow my gut feeling... But if you are gonna be financially stressed in London, then I would probably stick with Warwick. Remember that they are two top and well-respected business schools, so whatever you decide will certainly be a good program. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending