The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

How lenient is the Imperial Computing Department on missing a grade?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JASONDILL
did you do further maths? bristol

yeah, just received a rejection email a couple of minutes ago though so looks like i'm headed to warwick for data science then :smile: I really liked bristol though too! good luck anyway :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by axi0m
yeah, just received a rejection email a couple of minutes ago though so looks like i'm headed to warwick for data science then :smile: I really liked bristol though too! good luck anyway :smile:

out of interest what grades did u get?
Reply 42
A*AAAA in Maths, F.Maths, Computing, Music and Physics respectively. Computing and Physics were both 4 ums off an A* though :rolleyes:
Original post by axi0m
A*AAAA in Maths, F.Maths, Computing, Music and Physics respectively. Computing and Physics were both 4 ums off an A* though :rolleyes:

hmmmmmm wow i feel for u
Reply 44
hmmmmmm wow i feel for u

Thanks, it seems clear that they've placed a lot of emphasis on the AEA this year... Anyway, good luck with getting a place!
anyone else accepting offer to defer entry?
Original post by flight1
I'm at A*A*AB and needed A*AAA so I'm still waiting on the computing department. In M, FM, Bio, Physics, respectively. Looks like everyone is missing their offers so it's going to be competitive. This is ****.

I got the same but in Maths, Physics, FM and Spanish. Waiting on my Spanish remark at the moment.
Reply 47
anyone else accepting offer to defer entry?

Nope, really don't feel like taking a whole year of doing nothing just to go to a uni which is perhaps marginally better at best. How about you?
I'm debating it depending upon what I can do in that year. I wonder how many deferred offers they have handed out, do you both have one?
Original post by Monotypical
I'm debating it depending upon what I can do in that year. I wonder how many deferred offers they have handed out, do you both have one?

I have a deferred offer too. Although my remark should allow me to go this year.
Reply 50
Original post by PrinceyJ
I have a deferred offer too. Although my remark should allow me to go this year.

Can't believe that a spanish grade is holding you back... seems as if they've been really awkward with admissions this year
Original post by axi0m
Can't believe that a spanish grade is holding you back... seems as if they've been really awkward with admissions this year

Yeah I think they've just had a very oversubscribed year and just had to find silly reasons to reject people.
Original post by axi0m
Nope, really don't feel like taking a whole year of doing nothing just to go to a uni which is perhaps marginally better at best. How about you?

I've taken the offer. Gonna go to Spain and South America and prepare for the course
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Monotypical

On phone they said this was very rare and it was a very selective list of people. they would not offer deferred entry usually. maybe they made a mistake of giving out way too many offers
Very lenient
Imperial is basically a wannabe top tier uni but its actually upper mid tier.
Few people outside of the uk have ever heard of it.

Dont worry youll get in Imperial just like to pretend they are the best who the **** gives three A* offers. Unis with low self esteem like my ex on instagram
On phone they said this was very rare and it was a very selective list of people. they would not offer deferred entry usually. maybe they made a mistake of giving out way too many offers

Yeah, they said the same to me too, I'm really hoping I can find a placement for a year. I also wonder if they're planning on taking more people next year with the government restrictions on intake being loosened.

Original post by James222
Very lenient
Imperial is basically a wannabe top tier uni but its actually upper mid tier.
Few people outside of the uk have ever heard of it.

Dont worry youll get in Imperial just like to pretend they are the best who the **** gives three A* offers. Unis with low self esteem like my ex on instagram

Somebody hasn't read the recent posts in this thread
Is Haskell really that good/useful? I've tried it for two days but I felt that a lot of these problems would have been easier to solve in other languages (i.e. Python, PHP, Java).

Maybe it's because I'm just new to Haskell. Average salaries for this course at this uni seems generously high compared to other unis.
Original post by Roarmaster
I truly find you hilarious.

Imperial playing with the lives and money of 18 year olds is no laughing matter.
Imperial is alot like Uni of Westminister . I went to a open day for international students because I was bored to Westminsiter, and every lecturer with a 100% straight face told every single chinise kid and parent. We are in London which means we have close links to the City and Major IB employers, this will help your employment prospects. You will have the chance to 'network' and gain 'experience'

If someone from the ASA had been the entire event would be shut down ! Imperial is like that but much craftier and sneakier. They think having stupid offers will make students think it the place to be. Imperial's most employable course is petrochem even in that they are behind small scottish unis in the middle of no where.
Imperial playing with the lives and money of 18 year olds is no laughing matter.
Imperial is alot like Uni of Westminister . I went to a open day for international students because I was bored to Westminsiter, and every lecturer with a 100% straight face told every single chinise kid and parent. We are in London which means we have close links to the City and Major IB employers, this will help your employment prospects. You will have the chance to 'network' and gain 'experience'

If someone from the ASA had been the entire event would be shut down ! Imperial is like that but much craftier and sneakier. They think having stupid offers will make students think it the place to be. Imperial's most employable course is petrochem even in that they are behind small scottish unis in the middle of no where.

What are your most recent qualification grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well... if that's your opinion, that's your opinion.

But, looking at the average salaries and average employment/further study rate, Imperial is looking very good. (source: which.co.uk). Higher salaries than Oxbridge (for CS).

Student satisfication scores (for this subject) are very high compared to the majority of top universities in the United Kingdom.

The student satisfcation scores for other subjects are very similar to the majority of other top universities.

I've had a tour of Imperial during my interviews, and was impressed by the work of the CS candidates there.

The university and facilities there are awesome.

I think you meant to have written:
Imperial helping with the lives and money of 18 year olds is a great matter. It'll be a great investment and experience.

Imperial has great contacts with many employers and companies. They're not lying. On the interview day, a former Computer Science student came in, talked about his success with studying at Imperial to the interviewees and his new company has released an app that exceeded Angry Birds (for a day) in the rankings and became #1. If that student did not enjoy his experience, I doubt he would come back.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending