The Student Room Group

Dental hygene and therapy 2015 entry

hey guys just wondering who's planning on applying for 2015 entry dental hygiene and therapy, with what qualifications? expected grades? and experience?:smile: ale where are yous thinking of applying
Reply 1
Hi Robbie,
I'm applying to most places outside of London. I'm a Mature student with the right alevel subjects and grade. I have a degree, qualified teacher status and several years teaching experience. I'm currently doing work experience with a hygienist, but wondering how much experience I realistically need to do before I'm in with a shot of getting an interview? Do you know anyone already on the course?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi I'm a dental nurse with 6 years experience, national certificate in dental nursing, fluoride competency course completed, 5 GCSE's inc double science and just this saturday sat my Oral Health Education exam (hopefully pass!) I've struggled on finding places to apply as I don't have an A-level in biology so leeds and Bristol just said don't even bother applying. I've applied to Teeside, Newcastle, Liverpool, Essex, Birmingham. They have said they will consider me without an A-level so let's see if they do!

Quick Reply

Latest