The Student Room Group

Football is boring

Scroll to see replies

Some people should desperately sign up for Economics and Business Classes. :facepalm:

I like football, it's one of the coolest sports to watch, better than cricket, anyways. :yawn:
Sportsball is lovely, and I for one do lots of ultra-shouting when the team what I go and support scores more sports points than what the other team what also plays goes and does.
Reply 82
Original post by rockrunride
Golf, nouvelle cuisine, hiking, keeping pets, painting, watching Game of Thrones.

Reply 83
Yeah bad all that hype... So unnecessary

Posted from TSR Mobile
In a feminised society football is the last refuge for proper blokes.
Original post by Old_Simon
In a feminised society football is the last refuge for proper blokes.

That's ice hockey or rugby you're thinking of :wink: Seems like all soccer players are sissies and drama queens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tcool
I made a mistake about the government but I stand by opinion, as do some others on this thread. Ok put it this way if you could only have on type of person in this world would it be a surgeon or footballer. And I clearly offended you and sorry if I did but my friend you need to get real footballers do us nothing and you'd have to be deluded to think otherwise, I hate being so upfront about it but you need telling lol

I'm 100% with you here. People seem to be being a bit facetious here, trying to make you feel stupid by bringing up age and a few facts you didn't know, but I'm glad you seem to have ignored their silly remarks.

I disagree with a system that allows people to earn millions and millions in the first place when there are tons of people in poverty. I think there should be more equal distribution of wealth and resources across the whole planet.
Hm, having spent most of the last year watching ice hockey instead of football (the only football I experienced was on FIFA 14) I would have to say that it can be a very boring sport at times in comparison to other sports. However, it can also be a very beautiful sport, a very engaging, heartbreaking, uplifting game; I think one needs to step away from the TV set and actually go down to their local stadium to appreciate that - which I believe is an experience that many people purportedly 'bored' by football haven't experienced fully.
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
Football is boring to watch

What do you even get out of it? :dontknow:

don't say that, i did on tar and got verbally attacked as a result by some football addicts lol
Original post by Hellcat12
Some people should desperately sign up for Economics and Business Classes. :facepalm:

I like football, it's one of the coolest sports to watch, better than cricket, anyways. :yawn:

OMG you're on the rep info page for having negative rep!!
Original post by Tcool
Nothing at all I think its completely unfair that they get paid so much when doctors and teachers do MUCH MUCH more and make a bigger difference. Thats the gov for you though

The government don't pay footballer's wages, they're paid by a private CEO. If you fancy paying £500+ a year to go and watch doctors then be my guest, but Wayne Rooney earns 300k a week, think about the number of doctor's wages he pays in tax a year
Original post by Tcool
Look im not an expert on who pays who but as I said my point stays the same. They should be paid the same as teachers or even less as they not only play football for their own enjoyment and yes maybe they're inspirations to people but lets face it they're hardly doing anything for us a part from SOMETIMES fuelling the economy but the impact is miniscule

Ok let's do what you say....
1. Increasing the salary of doctors and teachers to a footballer wage would mean that extremely few would be afforded and so there will be a severe lack of doctors and teachers. This would mean millions of people across the country would lack healthcare and education. This would be stupid.

2. Decrease footballers salary to a level of a doctors. This would lead to a mass exodus of good players abroad to where they can earn loads and so our billion pound football industry would collapse. This would cause unemployment from football agents and staff. This would also have wider consequences such as a massive reduction of fans going to games and so local pubs will suffer so more unemployment and also the government would receive less in tax revenue so would spend less on you communist losers.

tl:dr. Your idea is stupid and if you want to live in a place which does this then go to north Korea where everybody is equal :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MattFletcher
The government don't pay footballer's wages, they're paid by a private CEO. If you fancy paying £500+ a year to go and watch doctors then be my guest, but Wayne Rooney earns 300k a week, think about the number of doctor's wages he pays in tax a year

This. I'm still waiting for a good response to this from these fools going "but they're overpaid!!11!!!"
Original post by Tcool
Nothing at all I think its completely unfair that they get paid so much when doctors and teachers do MUCH MUCH more and make a bigger difference. Thats the gov for you though

Not this pathetic argument again. I shouldn't really even justify it with a response but I will. Do you know how many people are capable of becoming doctors and teachers compared to how many people are capable of playing high level football? The numbers just aren't comparable. Pretty much any relatively smart kid can become a doctor if that is the route he or she wants to take and an average kid can become a teacher but becoming a top class football player takes rare talent.

I doubt people will understand the logic but a world class international player actually adds more value to society than a doctor. A simple thought experiment reveals this. Assume all goods are supplied by the private sector. Then the amount people are willing to pay to watch 11 Real Madrid players, for example, will be far higher than the amount the same people, of which there are millions, are willing to pay for the amount of medical care that 11 doctors can supply. In other words, people place a higher MARGINAL value on football players. This argument still holds when things like externalities and myopia are taken into account. It is quite simple really. Becoming a doctor is much easier than becoming a football player and so the supply of doctors is much higher, which means they are more easily replaced and have a lower marginal value. It is simple economics. If people are so unhappy about it they are welcome to try football instead of becoming a teacher or doctor. The thing is they won't succeed at it because it is simply much harder.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by blue n white army
explain how it is the fault of the government?

Also do you share the smae view for all singers, bands, actors, movie stars, presenters?

read my previous comment i made a mistake saying its gov who pay them. and yes I do
Reply 95
Original post by stefl14
Not this pathetic argument again. I shouldn't really even justify it with a response but I will. Do you know how many people are capable of becoming doctors and teachers compared to how many people are capable of playing high level football? The numbers just aren't comparable. Pretty much any relatively smart kid can become a doctor if that is the route he or she wants to take and an average kid can become a teacher but becoming a top class football player takes rare talent.

I doubt people will understand the logic but a world class international player actually adds more value to society than a doctor. A simple thought experiment reveals this. Assume all goods are supplied by the private sector. Then the amount people are willing to pay to watch 11 Real Madrid players, for example, will be far higher than the amount the same people, of which there are millions, are willing to pay for the amount of medical care that 11 doctors can supply. In other words, people place a higher MARGINAL value on football players. This argument still holds when things like externalities and myopia are taken into account. It is quite simple really. Becoming a doctor is much easier than becoming a football player and so the supply of doctors is much higher, which means they are more easily replaced and have a lower marginal value. It is simple economics. If people are so unhappy about it they are welcome to try football instead of becoming a teacher or doctor. The thing is they won't succeed at it because it is simply much harder.

Well you just wasted ur time writing that as I didnt even read it haha cuz ur not right no offence and its my opinion
Reply 96
Original post by Hellcat12

I suppose that's directed at me, but like I already said I made a mistake saying the gov pays them so little girl read my previous comments before spreading you invaluable opinion because it has no base
Original post by Tcool
Well you just wasted ur time writing that as I didnt even read it haha cuz ur not right no offence and its my opinion

I wasted my time because some uneducated fool didn't read it? Hopefully some people who are actually capable of learning did. Your opinion has no logical grounds.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by Harrie Lyons
lol oh sixteen his mistake.
hes saying it because you seem incoherent and not understanding the issues.
what you are suggesting is largely associated with communism.

But thats not the subject were talking about so if you want to spread BS somewhere else do so as I really dont care what you have to say as it doesnt make sense
The stupidity of some people in this thread:facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest