The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City vs King's?

Hello,

I was accepted to King's College International Relations MA program and City University's International Communication & Development MA program. I'll be coming from the USA to study in London, so I'm not familiar with these schools other than what I've seen online.

So, which is the better choice based on these programs?
King's is by far the more prestigious and highly ranked uni, for political subjects and in general (with the exception of Law).
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Copperknickers
King's is by far the more prestigious and highly ranked uni, for political subjects and in general (with the exception of Law).

Could you elaborate on exception of Law, where do you rank City's Law just curious?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Copperknickers

City law school no doubt highly respected but more for PG courses and beyond. Some top people went there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Law_School

But the business school is top ranked as well and gaining respect.

Answering the key question here, I can't be sure. Best if you can find some students themselves; try FB course groups, course officers via phone calls or request admission officers to put you in touch with current students/reps.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asif192
Could you elaborate on exception of Law, where do you rank City's Law just curious?

City incorporated one of the UK's oldest and most prestigious law schools a few years back (Inns of Court Law School iirc). So its one of the best places in the UK for law. Although King's isn't bad, its approaching LSE/UCL level since we had a massive rejig of the department.
Reply 5
Kings still have a good reputation for law, no doubts for that. Even if City is better ranked for this year in law (around 20 for City, around 40 for Kings), employers still following the general ''Reputation''. City doesn't sound yet the same as as Kings College.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending