Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roger1
Not world class in my eyes.

What makes a player world class
Original post by manchesterunited15
John Terry :smile:

Maybe once but not anymore
Original post by 1tartanarmy
Beat croatia home and away who are a top team... undeafeted in 6 games, unlucky to draw with nigeria and we were better than them for most of the match.

Scotland are not as bad as you think we are...you do this all the time...write teams off...its what all the bad guys do in films etc too....write off the little guy....thats why you better watch costa rica...bt of course you wont.... u will sit down and expect a victory and say "its bloody costa rica" etc etc....two losses and you still wont realise what level England are at.

It beggers belief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. That Nigeria match was obviously a fix.

Anyway, I didn't even realise that Scottish ppl take their National team seriously. They are ****.

England should beat Costa Rica. They have a better team than Costa Rica. What exactly is the argument there?
Original post by jam278

Oh well Least it means the ****ing owl can leave.

Hah, never noticed that before. Who do you think should replace him?
Original post by Jordooooom
Maybe once but not anymore

Sturridge
Original post by Roger1
That doesn't mean anything. England don't have the best league in the world. That is just another example of arrogance from the English fans. But let's assume that the premier league is the best league in the world, it is because of world class foreign players like Suarez. Name me a single world class English player who plays in the premier league.

Well, it is either the best or second best.

Not really arrogance. Completely truthful. In the last 10 years, English teams have won it 4 times and been the final 7 times.

Your hate for England, blinds you to the truth.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sturridge

Nah, not yet and especially not based on tonight's performance.

Btw I absolutely despise terry, I think he's a ****. But I still have to admire him for things like this

http://youtu.be/Ev1S8quL9rE
They are still harder than San Marino. Why is it England always gets San Marino anyway? And the hardest team you have to face is Switzerland.. Sure you'll be able to handle that?

Apples and Oranges.

Anyway, England will qualify. No doubt about that.

Switzerland have some good players. Not that great.
Reply 68
Original post by DorianGrayism

Not really arrogance. Completely truthful. In the last 10 years, English teams have won it 4 times and been the final 8 times.

I don't hate England, although I must say I do find it humorous when England lose because it shuts up a lot of blind and delusional England fans who massively overrate their team.

Not really arrogance. Completely truthful. In the last 10 years, English teams have won it 4 times and been the final 7 times.

3 times in the last 10 years. And 8 finals.

Right now, you could argue the PL is 3rd behind La Liga and the Bundesliga
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 70
What makes a player world class

Imo, world class players are those who stand out from the rest and have the ability to perform at the biggest stage.
Original post by Roger1
I don't hate England, although I must say I do find it humorous when England lose because it shuts up a lot of blind and delusional England fans who massively overrate their team.

Of course, you hate England.

That is why you cannot see facts like it is perfectly reasonable to argue that the Premier League is one of the best in the World.

No one is delusional here. No one has said England is going to win the World Cup. People said they had a chance against Uruguay and they were right.

No one even said that England had a World Class team. You are just putting words in their mouth.
3 times in the last 10 years.

PL is ahead of Bundesliga; only decent sides are Bayern and Borussia.
ok, i just read the OP now. i like the arrogance of english fans, makes the world cup bare jokes and that, otherwise imagine if english fans were humble and then they lost, how boring and unfunny would that be
Reply 74
Of course, you hate England.

That is why you cannot see facts like it is perfectly reasonable to argue that the Premier League is one of the best in the World.

No one is delusional here. No one has said England is going to win the World Cup. People said they had a chance against Uruguay and they were right.

No one even said that England had a World Class team. You are just putting words in their mouth.

So just because I don't think premier league is the best league in the world, I must hate England.... Good logic mate. :yy:
Original post by 1platinum
PL is ahead of Bundesliga; only decent sides are Bayern and Borussia.

Schalke and Leverkusen got to the round of 16, same as City and Arsenal.

I'd lean towards the PL being better though
Reply 76
Hah, never noticed that before. Who do you think should replace him?

Somebody who's not English since English managers are all crap, Glenn Hoddle actually would do a good job but he obviously has made his position as an England manager untenable.

FFS should have just kept Capello.
Original post by Roger1
So just because I don't think premier league is the best league in the world, I must hate England.... Good logic mate. :yy:

Well, I didn't say that. Try reading again.

You wrote that English fans are arrogant for considering that the PL is the bat the world.

It isn't arrogance. It can be argued quite easily mate.
Original post by Roger1
That doesn't mean anything. England don't have the best league in the world. That is just another example of arrogance from the English fans. But let's assume that the premier league is the best league in the world, it is because of world class foreign players like Suarez. Name me a single world class English player who plays in the premier league.

So you classify the best league to be comprised of the best players from their native country?

Good one.

Anyway, there's no point raising hope for our next match because I feel that England will take Costa Rica lightly and then fail again. I'll still be watching though.
(edited 9 years ago)
3 times in the last 10 years. And 8 finals.

Meh, yeh maybe.

The only issue with the Bundesliga is that there are only 2 teams that can even compete in Europe at the moment. Even with a team like Dortmund, I think they will struggle over the next few years as they lose more players.

Quick Reply

Latest