The Student Room Group

Will I be done for plagarism for my own work?

Basically, one of my gcse essays went to this study help side online somehow:colondollar:, I'm wondering if this will affect me when my school sends my essay of to the examiner. Would I get done for plagiarism as it is all my work but it's online????
Reply 1
BUMPPP
Original post by Selgomez11
Basically, one of my gcse essays went to this study help side online somehow:colondollar:, I'm wondering if this will affect me when my school sends my essay of to the examiner. Would I get done for plagiarism as it is all my work but it's online????

It depends if the examiner becomes suspicious when marking your work. If it is genuinely yours, then the examiner is unlikely to become suspicious because there won't - or should I say, shouldn't - be any shifts in punctuation or sentence construction that will set off alarm bells. If it's online, however, it is likely to be found, if the examiner even checks the first two words of your piece and especially if it's been sent off, you're likely to be caught.

If it is yours, though, on Results Day, when you've realised that AQA have suspected you of plagarism, you're going to have to have a way to prove that the essay that was wrote belongs to you. If you can't, you'll be susceptible to repercussions .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending