The Student Room Group

How common is it for Kings to be in clearing?

I was thinking about the worst-case scenario for this August- My firm and insurance both need at least AAA (medicine), but I could easily end up with AAB after some particularly difficult maths exams. If that's the case, and neither uni will give me a place, I think I'd like to apply to biochemistry or neuroscience through clearing.

The thing is, I did apply to KCL this year and was given an offer for Biomedical science- I had to reject the offer because I was given two other offers from medical schools.

If I don't get into medical school, I would still very much like to try Kings, because I really like the uni and their life sciences courses in particular.
How often do these courses appear in clearing? Last year (I am resitting my A2s) I don't recall seeing KCL in clearing...

Thanks in advance :smile:
Last year was very unusual, and all but 6 universities entered clearing. According to a BBC article, KCL did enter clearing for some courses, but it had filled all empty places by the end of the day. However, I don't think it's usual for KCL to enter clearing, and if they do, it is more likely to be for unusual courses/subject combinations rather than something like biomedical sciences.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of clearing, even if there are places available on a course you want, you may still be unlucky and miss out. Due to this, it might be worth looking at some other options as well as Kings, and/or coming up with a plan C, as to what you will do if there is nothing you want in clearing.

Hopefully you have got your grades, and you can study medicine anyway.
Original post by Rumschpringe
I was thinking about the worst-case scenario for this August- My firm and insurance both need at least AAA (medicine), but I could easily end up with AAB after some particularly difficult maths exams. If that's the case, and neither uni will give me a place, I think I'd like to apply to biochemistry or neuroscience through clearing.

The thing is, I did apply to KCL this year and was given an offer for Biomedical science- I had to reject the offer because I was given two other offers from medical schools.

If I don't get into medical school, I would still very much like to try Kings, because I really like the uni and their life sciences courses in particular.
How often do these courses appear in clearing? Last year (I am resitting my A2s) I don't recall seeing KCL in clearing...

Thanks in advance :smile:

I have last year's Telegraph supplement listing courses in clearing and King's doesn't feature for biochemistry, biomedical science or neuroscience.

This year, who knows?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending