The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Further Maths, Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme, June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by science_geeks
Hi,

I'm doing this paper, as practise as I'm doing the exam this June and I'm a bit stuck on question 11a. I've so far go to 48C^5 / 75d^3 have I done it correctly? & how do I do it??

Help is much appreciated! :smile:

Hi, I'm doing it this year too! :/

Have you flipped the second fraction? So you should have 8c^7/15d^6 * 5d^3/6c^2

Then times them across... and then you might have the right answer. I did it this way and got it right (not sure where you've done it differently to me!)

Hope this helps! :smile:
Hi, I know it's been a slight struggle to learn the content! But it's great fun learning all of it.

Ah, ok thanks so much! I'll go through it again and have a look at it. Thanks so much! I understand it much better now!
Original post by bekamop99
Please can someone tell me the working out for 7(b).
Y-3=125

For some reason I can't seem to work it out! :smile:

Thanks

Try cube rooting both sides. Remember Y^-3 = (Y^-1)^3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Try cube rooting both sides. Remember Y^-3 = (Y^-1)^3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I did that... Then what? :smile:
Original post by science_geeks
Hi, I know it's been a slight struggle to learn the content! But it's great fun learning all of it.

Ah, ok thanks so much! I'll go through it again and have a look at it. Thanks so much! I understand it much better now!

Glad it helped!

Some things are harder than other yes, and the thing that sometimes annoys me is that the questions on the paper are sometimes hardly like a topic we've been taught! I guess it's all about the application of the topic at this level! :smile:
Thanks, I did that... Then what? :smile:

So you should get Y^-1 = 5. How could you rewrite the left hand side?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
So you should get Y^-1 = 5. How could you rewrite the left hand side?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes, 1/5 = 0.2! Thank you so much! :biggrin:
Oh yes, 1/5 = 0.2! Thank you so much! :biggrin:

No problem :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm doing some practice using the AQA level 2 GCSE Further maths book and I'm stuck on a differentiation question? It's, y= 4x^6 - 2x^2 / x2

I know how to differentiate but im stuck on simplifying this. Please can someone help! Much help appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending