The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else of you joining BlackRock this summer?
Reply 7221
Anyone else had a bad experience with KPMG phone interview for Transactions & Restructuring? Was supposed to be with a manager in the business but got called by a woman in HR whose foreign accent was so strong I could barely understand her, absolutely no way of building any rapport, was pretty much like speaking to a machine
Original post by bop90
Anyone else had a bad experience with KPMG phone interview for Transactions & Restructuring? Was supposed to be with a manager in the business but got called by a woman in HR whose foreign accent was so strong I could barely understand her, absolutely no way of building any rapport, was pretty much like speaking to a machine

Ha. Let us know what was the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got two email's 5 minutes from each other saying I have a phone interview at a set time. They were the ecaxt same but they added the month in the second email. I then got a automated 1 line email a few minutes later that they would like to recall the message. Pretty confusing as both emails have the exact same message mentioned in the recall email. Hopefuly the interview is still on. Naturally I sent an email but doubt I will get a reply.
Original post by Sabster
He did no networking...

Good for him then, so where he ended up now?
I know this is a bit of a jump ahead but out of interest, does anyone know how bank bonuses get taxed? Is it done as a stand alone thing or assumed as an increase in salary? Would it be at 20% or 40% rate is basically what I'm asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7226
Original post by will2348
I know this is a bit of a jump ahead but out of interest, does anyone know how bank bonuses get taxed? Is it done as a stand alone thing or assumed as an increase in salary? Would it be at 20% or 40% rate is basically what I'm asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 Also interested in this!
For those still looking for a Summer Internship this year - MUSI just posted summer internship opportunities within their Product Control & their structured products teams. You can find out more info here: http://muscampus.com/ .
Reply 7228
Original post by souman
Ha. Let us know what was the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got through to AC stage...surprisingly quick turnaround based on the delay others have had in hearing back!
Has anyone had an Investec interview? Its an automated video interview for a Corporate Finance summer internship
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7230
For places that allow one application each year, does anyone know if it is possible to withdraw an application already made and then reapply to another programme?

Thanks
Hey :smile:

I'm currently in my first year at uni but was unsuccessful in securing a spring week. I have work experience/insight days in investment banking, insurance, commercial finance and have attended some skill sessions and general networking events. What advice can you give me in securing a summer internship for next year?

For those that didn't do spring weeks (and those that did too!) what did you do over the summer? or what can you recommend for me to do? :smile:

As you can tell, I'm slightly nervous :lol: and am just looking to boost up my CV as you can tell :h:
Original post by bop90
For places that allow one application each year, does anyone know if it is possible to withdraw an application already made and then reapply to another programme?

Thanks

Nope, don't think that's possible. I wish it was though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7233
Original post by amoled
Nope, don't think that's possible. I wish it was though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Managed to get my app moved to the other programme thankfully!
For the BAML summer pre-intership; If one is sent to the 2nd stage of the application and the additional q's, does it mean one has passed the numerical?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7235
Original post by Mcdermott
For the BAML summer pre-intership; If one is sent to the 2nd stage of the application and the additional q's, does it mean one has passed the numerical?

Yes
Reply 7236
Hi,

Apparently i've been sent some online tests to complete by SEO by Monday 30th March. No links were included in the email.
Does anybody know where to access these tests?

Thanks!
Reply 7237
Hey, does anyone know if there are any consulting/finance or related internships still left? :smile:
Hey guys.. SWer here with a 2016 Summer final round interview IBD. What sources do you recommend I read up on, and what level of questioning should I expect, other than the motivational/competency questions.

Currently learning valuation metrics, financial strategies, industry multiple rationale
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Hey guys.. SWer here with a 2016 Summer final round interview IBD. What sources do you recommend I read up on, and what level of questioning should I expect, other than the motivational/competency questions.

Currently learning valuation metrics, financial strategies, industry multiple rationale

Google Rosenbaum Investment Banking Pdf, you'll find the first edition pdf no problem. Read the chapter on Discounted cash flow. If you know multiples (both comparables and precedent transactions) and DCFs you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending