The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Human sciences- Oxford
Liberal arts and sciences - Birmingham, UCL
Art and phil/ psych at reading or human sciences UCL
Nat sciences Durham

Not gonna get into oxford ha ha and these are such weird choices :tongue:
Well, currently looking to study English Lit.
GCSEs: 6A*s, 6As
AS: AAAB
A2: Predicted A*A*A, but since my AS UMS was pretty good I'm hoping, with work, to complete the trifecta.

I'm applying to:

Cambridge- Robinson College
Durham- Josephine Butler College
Exeter
Bristol
York

I'm super freaking about my personal statement, since in it I only talked about the modern/Postmodern novels which I'd read, since I did my EPQ on digital media and divergent narrative, and failed to include many older texts or, perhaps more significantly, any Shakespeare. I've heard too many horror stories about people being torn apart by Shakespeare scholars for not being invested in the literary canon. I just thought that, since I'm not a fan of dissecting drama and especially not Elizabethan drama, I'd be better off being honest and talking about the stuff I enjoy than lying and telling them what I think they want to hear. I guess we'll find out.
Omg I completed 42 credits so far from my diploma another 18 to go and I am completed I am hoping that would take me up to November and then I can decide on what universities I am applying to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Management

-Kings
-Cass
-birmingham
-manchester
-queen mary

I'm an intl student. I need some advice, which one of the univ above has a really good reputation among the employer?
What's the advantage of studying in London? I want to study in london, bcs it's a big city, but i wish that there's 'something' more about london which can support my study.
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Sometime along next week, hbu?

Same here :biggrin:

Do you know when university interviews start after you submit your UCAS application? I think it's soon after the New Year but I ain't too sure.
Original post by VibraGenesis
Do you know when university interviews start after you submit your UCAS application? I think it's soon after the New Year but I ain't too sure.

December.

Oxbridge start giving offers in January/February.
I want to study Law at university. But I'm just so confused on what uni's to apply to!
GCSE results: 4A*s, 1A and 6Bs
AS results: ABBB
Predicted grades: A*AA

My choices are:
1. LSE - Law and Anthropology (AAB)
2. Queen Mary - Law and Politics (AAA)
3. Oxford - Straight Law (AAA) - I know I won't get in, but I have my reasons...

I'm not sure where else to apply?! I want to stay in London, so I was thinking of either UCL or KCL as my A*AA option, but I don't know if it's too risky?
SOAS is another option, which requires A*AA, but not many people apply to SOAS for Law, so I was thinking of making it my back-up as I believe it would be relatively easy to get in. Another back-up would be Brunel (AAB-ABB).
Original post by NikolaT
December.

Oxbridge start giving offers in January/February.

Ah, alright

Because there's some online course Bristol is doing to do with the maths and physics that engineers use, and it starts November 10th and lasts for 6 weeks

Do you think I could still put that in my personal statement?
Original post by VibraGenesis
Same here :biggrin:

For Cambridge? I think it's before Christmas!
Veterinary Medicine

~ Cambridge
~ Edinburgh
~ Nottingham
~ Surrey
Less than a month for me :eek:
My choices I haven't yet made but I am aiming to go to a few open days over the next few weeks to see I like the uni, surroundings and course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone, i can ask you? I 2015 going to UK of the study, and i wanna to learn of the graphic design, Join to university so hard?? My average in school 6-7. Where i can join?? I wanna to go in the colleges but i heart there's is not good? really? Pleas help me. What can advised? And each university requires IELTS exam?? Thanks, i wait response . Sorry my english is not super .:colondollar: :smile::smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey everyone!

1. Cambridge St. John's College - Natural Sciences
2. Sheffield - Materials Science
3. Birmingham - Either Materials Science and Technology or Physics
4. Still deciding between Manchester Materials science and Durham Physics
5. Swansea Materials Science (Back-up)

What do you guys think? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Becca.H96
I want to study Egyptology but I am also applying for Archaeology and Ancient history.
My choices are:
Liverpool (2 courses)
Birmingham
Chester

Is it a problem that I don't have a 5th choice, I didn't think it was but my teacher has gotten me really worried about not having one but I can't find another one that does what I want to study

What about Egyptology and Ancient History at UCL?
Original post by Summit
Hey everyone!

Swansea's quite low considering the fact that you're applying to Cambridge. Have you considered universities such as Imperial and UCL?
Swansea has the beach right next to them which I find.... :sexface:....AMAZING but is not of my choices though.

-Loughborough
-Warwick
-Manchester
-Between Liverpool and Nottingham.
-Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Summit
Hey everyone!

Hey that's almost exactly the same as me! Except I'm applying for Materials at all of my unis

1 - Oxford, Mansfield College
2 - Sheffield
3 - Birmingham
4 - I'm deciding between Loughborough and Manchester
5 - Swansea

I think it's a good idea to have Swansea on there just because they have the lowest entry requirement for Materials, and you never know what might happen on the day of your exams. I love the look of Sheffield though. Have you been to a Manchester open day? I'm having trouble deciding
Oxford, Brasenose
Exeter
Lancaster
Leeds
UEA (back up)

all for geography and international year where relevant
Forensic Science
Anglia Ruskin X2 courses
UWE
University South Wales
Glynwer

Hopefully get BBC (maybe do a foundation year first)
Original post by bindybobee
Hey that's almost exactly the same as me! Except I'm applying for Materials at all of my unis

1 - Oxford, Mansfield College
2 - Sheffield
3 - Birmingham
4 - I'm deciding between Loughborough and Manchester
5 - Swansea

I think it's a good idea to have Swansea on there just because they have the lowest entry requirement for Materials, and you never know what might happen on the day of your exams. I love the look of Sheffield though. Have you been to a Manchester open day? I'm having trouble deciding

That's so cool! :smile:

I like the Oxford course, especially the option of taking Materials Science together with Economics. However I chose the Cambridge course since it will keep my options open and I can change my course in the following years.

I have a friend who keeps on telling me to apply to loughborough, but I don't really like the town. Instead, Manchester seems way more vibrant and has a better reputation (Russell Group!).

I live abroad and therefore I can't attend any open days. TSR is my main source of information :P

Latest

Trending

Trending