The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Applying for politics

sent application off 19th November, still waiting on all 5(Newcastle, Birmingham, Liverpool, keele,Chester) to get back to me with decisions

just got an offer from Chester of BCC
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 961
Sent off my application last Wed 19th nov. Already got my Alevels AAB and currently on a gap year.

Offers:
Nottingham Trent - BBB (2days after- unconditional)
Nottingham Trent - BBB (2 days after- unconditional)
Manchester - BBC (day after)

Still waiting:
Leeds - ABB
Southampton - ABB
Reply 962
Sent exactly a week a go

recieved offers from
kent abb
winchester bbb
portsmouth bbb
reading aab, part of a joint degree with pwc and have to fill out a form to go to the next stages

still waitng for Loughborough aab

applied for accounting and finance/business
Reply 963
Paid and sent via school for reference still waiting on them sending it off. No welcome email from ucas yet so still waiting on school....how long......

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Leeds and Newcastle media and communication too! 😄
Have all 5 offers now!😊
Original post by emlunney
Applied for Economics at:
Durham
Bath
Lancaster
Loughborough
York

I have received offers from all but Lancaster has offered unconditional and a £3000 scholarship if A*A*A is achieved. I am predicted 3A* is it worth going to Lancaster or should I not be swayed by the money and go to a more reputable university like Durham? I am hoping to go into banking in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey do you mind if I ask what GCSE's and AS grades you achieved? :biggrin: I'm also appying for economics
Received 2 offers in the last 2 days.

King's College London - AAB - Religion, Politics and Society
UCL - ABB - Jewish History

Now just waiting on Aberdeen and Edinburgh for Theology (already received ABB offer from Nottingham)
Reply 968
Gap year student with ABBB (maths, further maths, physics, and economics) applying for politics at:

Southampton
Birmingham
QMUL
Portsmouth - unconditional offer received
Bournemouth
Hey!
I'm going for:
Journalism- Northumbira University
Journalism and English Literature-Northumbira University
Journalism and English- Sunderland University
Journalism-UAL
Jouranlism- Sheffield

I've recieved an offer from Sunderland but still waiting for the other four! If ANYONE at all has some sort of indication of reply rates for the other unis I've mentoined please let me know :smile: waiting sucks.
Reply 970
Original post by emlunney
Applied for Economics at:
Durham
Bath
Lancaster
Loughborough
York

I have received offers from all but Lancaster has offered unconditional and a £3000 scholarship if A*A*A is achieved. I am predicted 3A* is it worth going to Lancaster or should I not be swayed by the money and go to a more reputable university like Durham? I am hoping to go into banking in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be swayed. Bath and Durham are much better if you want to get into banking and 3k isn't that much compared to the better opportunities that you will have for the next how ever many years. Also if you didn't get A*A*A then it definitely wouldn't be worth it
Newcastle - Film and Media
Newcastle - Media Comm & Culture
Leeds - Media & Comm
Birmingham City - Media & Comm
Manchester Met - Media & Comm

Newcastle is my first choice. Anyone who's applied for film and media reply? :3
Hey!
So most people I know have already decided what they want to study and sent their UCAS applications. Personally, I sent my application 2 months ago, and have received 3 decisions. I thought I might create this thread so we can chat and discuss stuff related to starting university in 2015 (anything from questions to general chatting). Perhaps we could state our course and university choices on our first post?
I'll start off myself. I applied for Chemical Engineering at:
Imperial College
University of Birmingham (Offer! - A*AA)
UCL
Chemical Engineering (via Natural Sciences) - Cambridge (Pre-Interview Rejection)
University of Manchester (Offer! - AAA).
I'm excited to meet people applying for the same/similar course or who have applied to the same universities as me. After my rejection from Cambridge, ideally I'd want to have Imperial as my firm and UCL as my insurance, although Manchester sounds amazing (not too sure about Birmingham!)
I'm applying to birmingham and UCL (as well as bristol, Leicester and portsmouth) :smile: my application should go to them Monday so I can begin track! Eek! Wish me luck!
Reply 974
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Hey!
So most people I know have already decided what they want to study and sent their UCAS applications. Personally, I sent my application 2 months ago, and have received 3 decisions. I thought I might create this thread so we can chat and discuss stuff related to starting university in 2015 (anything from questions to general chatting). Perhaps we could state our course and university choices on our first post?
I'll start off myself. I applied for Chemical Engineering at:
Imperial College
University of Birmingham (Offer! - A*AA)
UCL
Chemical Engineering (via Natural Sciences) - Cambridge (Pre-Interview Rejection)
University of Manchester (Offer! - AAA).
I'm excited to meet people applying for the same/similar course or who have applied to the same universities as me. After my rejection from Cambridge, ideally I'd want to have Imperial as my firm and UCL as my insurance, although Manchester sounds amazing (not too sure about Birmingham!)

Hi!!
May i know what grades you got at AS?
Are you applying post A level? If so, what grades did you get at A level?
Reply 975
Im applying for Mechanical Engineering at Imperial, Manchester, Warwick, Sheffield and southampton.
Physics :smile:

Oxford, Imperial, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bath.
Offers from Manchester, Edinburgh and Bath :biggrin:
Reply 977
Original post by Planckton
Physics :smile:

Oxford, Imperial, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bath.
Offers from Manchester, Edinburgh and Bath :biggrin:

May i know what grades you got?
AS Grades: English Lit (A), History (C), Law (B), Psychology (D) - ****ed that up pretty bad, was a bit disappointed with results as a whole!

Predictions: English Lit (A*), History (B), Law (B).

Choices: Queen Mary, Cardiff, Royal Holloway, Reading, Oxford Brookes.
Reply 979
History and Politics (or close equivalent) at

Oxford
Durham
Warwick
St Andrew's
LSE

Grades: IB 39

Latest

Trending

Trending