The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Module choice- modules start and end on the same dates?

I am choosing my modules for my Bachelor of Laws (Honours) Degree, I want to study 120 credits a year (full time), so I have chose both of the first year compulsory modules (An introduction to law (W101) and Law: concepts and perspectives (W102)) but they both start on the 4th of october? does this mean I will have to study them at the same time? I want to study full time and do one module at a time? Thank you in advance!
Almost all OU modules now start in October, with the exception of a few Level 1 modules that have more frequent starts, and the odd February start module in some subjects (although the trend seems to be that these are being phased to October starts, too). And, even if you have an October start and a February start, this means there's a fair bit of overlap (February - June) where you're doing both at once.

So, yeah, basically if you want to do full-time you will inevitably have to do more than one module at a time.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
You can't do 120 points a year without overlap, as far as I'm aware. Most OU modules run for about 9 months (October to June, or February to October) so it's not really possible to have no overlap.

I have always studied 60-90 points at once while working full time, up to 3 modules overlapping at once (except now, for my very last module). I've had no issues.

Quick Reply

Latest