The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 - unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lou1228
I wrote the same, :/ do you reckon we would get at least one out of the three?

The thing is that in previous exam questions they have linked progesterone to inhibiting FSH in contraceptives. Its question 3) b) i) on the June 2012 paper? (http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL5-QP-JUN12.PDF)

Which makes me think that what we wrote is justified?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Major-MM
The thing is that in previous exam questions they have linked progesterone to inhibiting FSH in contraceptives. Its question 3) b) i) on the June 2012 paper? (http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL5-QP-JUN12.PDF)

Which makes me think that what we wrote is justified?? :s-smilie:

Progesterone inhibits FSH but Oestrogen does too.
Both answers could, and should, be justified as:
With Oestrogen - the follicles that release oestrogen are destroyed, and therefore it does not release oestrogen, therefore not inhibiting the release of FSH.
With Progesterone - the follicles are destroyed, therefore preventing ovulation, preventing the formation of the corpus luteum, and therefore progesterone is not released, so it doesn't inhibit FSH release.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by The Lawful T.J
Progesterone inhibits FSH but Oestrogen does too.
Both answers could, and should, be justified as:
With Oestrogen - the follicles that release oestrogen are destroyed, and therefore it does not release oestrogen, therefore not inhibiting the release of FSH.
With Progesterone - the follicles are destroyed, therefore preventing ovulation, preventing the formation of the corpus luteum, and therefore progesterone is not released, so it doesn't inhibit FSH release.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thanks for that man! Fingers crossed the examiners see it in the same light
Original post by Major-MM
Yeah thanks for that man! Fingers crossed the examiners see it in the same light

Fingers crossed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending