The Student Room Group

What would you class as smart?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Angelo12231
well... On TSR, you are an absolute idiot, a fool, an absolute r.e.t.a.r.d but in real life and out in the open, you are quite smart

May I ask why ? This may indeed be the case, but I'm curious to know why.
Original post by Jack1007
May I ask why ? This may indeed be the case, but I'm curious to know why.

Well people in TSR 'apparently' average at A* grades :smile: nearly ALL of them. But dont worry TSR si only about 15% of the teenage pop so you are probably a very intelligent person... its just that TSR is made to make you feel dumb
Reply 22
Well people in TSR 'apparently' average at A* grades :smile: nearly ALL of them. But dont worry TSR si only about 15% of the teenage pop so you are probably a very intelligent person... its just that TSR is made to make you feel dumb

Wow that's incredibly depressing, guess here in Norfolk that makes me a genius though :biggrin: ?

P.s anyone got the version of this site for the non super smart people of the teenage population ?:tongue:
Wow that's incredibly depressing, guess here in Norfolk that makes me a genius though :biggrin: ?

P.s anyone got the version of this site for the non super smart people of the teenage population ?:tongue:

Yes, that's called Facebook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you can tie a cherry stem in a knot with your tongue, you are smart.
Having a good imagination, reading a lot, being able to tell the difference between fact and fiction

well its quite good that you are a part of a smart community, you get better quality help from people who actually care about education...
Reply 27
well its quite good that you are a part of a smart community, you get better quality help from people who actually care about education...

My school was below satisfactory when we took a lot of exams. It got to the point where we had 1/4 of years teaching on a subjects that should take 1-2 years for a few subjects.

Therefore as you can guess the 'community' were not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

I tend not to rely on the community and I did copious amounts of reading to compensate for this.

Thank you so much for the talk guys, it has really helped me out:smile: (Same cannot be said for my esteem!).
(edited 9 years ago)
Most of the world doesn't care about being clever, and you do. Guess that means you're clever already. You got yourself on a forum full of other people who wanted a place to talk about education (I hope thats what thestudentroom is for, right?). That's very smart.

The ironic thing about grades are that unintelligent people associate them with intelligence. To me they are a formality: I don't enjoy them at all. It's unintelligent - nonetheless convenient - to hinge the ability of a person in an entire area of study to a letter or number. Ah well.

Jack, just watch documentaries and you will become even more smart. Because you would pursue knowledge with your own will, rather than have it spoon-fed by teachers for '1-2 years for a few subjects'. Read. Sun? The Guardian? It doesn't matter, really. As long as you keep your mind learning more.

Quick Reply

Latest