The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Getting into Exeter (History)

I am currently in year 12, moving on 13, so I haven't had my AS results back yet.

I really hope to get into Exeter but I don't think I'm good enough. The requirements are a minimum of AAB. At GCSE I got an A in history, about three other As and five Bs (along with a C, but I don't think it was a GCSE).

At AS, I might get AAA, and I'd say the lowest I could get would be ABC (touchwood).

How lenient are Exeter (anyone who's applied before?) and could I ever apply with such grades as above?
History at Exeter's main Streatham campus is extremely popular. The requirements are A*AA-AAB with the latter meant for those applicants from educationally or socially disadvantaged backgrounds. If neither of these applies to you, then your offer is likely to be at least AAA.

There is the alternative of the Cornwall campus, where the offers are AAB-ABB, but having looked at the modules on offer and the staff teaching them I would regard this course as inferior. Others might disagree.

My advice is to see what happens with your AS results before getting too worried about this issue. You could be pleasantly surprised and get AAA, which would make your application look good, or AAB which which should at least be competitive.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I expected as much, thanks. If my AS results are bad, I'll either resit a subject or try extra hard at A2.

Apparently, I come under the disadvantaged banner ("deprived" village, small rural school) but I won't be relying on that.
Original post by The B
I expected as much, thanks. If my AS results are bad, I'll either resit a subject or try extra hard at A2.

Apparently, I come under the disadvantaged banner ("deprived" village, small rural school) but I won't be relying on that.

Read http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/applications/policy/ to see those factors which Exeter take into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending