The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

One of the unis I applied for said I would hear by Weds if I have been short listed or not.
Original post by musicbaby
One of the unis I applied for said I would hear by Weds if I have been short listed or not.

Seriously? What uni is this? I assume they mean shortlisted for interview? Seems so early, I would have thought lots of people haven't applied yet.
This is Cumbria. Yes I meant short listed for a interview. They said there first interviews are being held on the 19th Nov and they give interviewees two weeks notice.
Original post by Veggiechic6
Seriously? What uni is this? I assume they mean shortlisted for interview? Seems so early, I would have thought lots of people haven't applied yet.

Last year some courses closed after two weeks of being open to applicants so I'm not surprised at all.
Last year some courses closed after two weeks of being open to applicants so I'm not surprised at all.

Yeah, 2 weeks but this is barely a week since applications opened and they've already gone through all the applicants and decided who to interview? I heard courses have to stay open at least 2 week. If they've decided after 1 week, that means people applying after that don't get considered.
I never said they will be closing after a week, I said they will be starting interviews on the 19th Nov and whoever is invited to those set of interviews will be notified by Weds.
I never said they will be closing after a week, I said they will be starting interviews on the 19th Nov and whoever is invited to those set of interviews will be notified by Weds.

Oh right, the interviews are staggered over time? I thought you meant they were all done and dusted with deciding by next week. I hope I get plenty of notice for interviews, there's so much to prepare.
Good luck! You'll have to let us know how you get on. I've received an email to say I've applied, just no welcome email. Hopefully you can just print out all the correspondence received so far and it will be enough as evidence. Identification wise, my email says: Please be prepared to show two (2) valid forms of personal identification. Your identification documents must match exactly the details you provided when you registered for the test. Just take as many as you can to be safe. Birth cert, driving licence, passport etc

On the track section, it says my choices have until the 8th of January to respond. I guess that is 40 working days, but I hope it doesn't take that long to find out.

Thanks :smile: I am hoping I get a welcome email soon otherwise I will just phone UCAS and explain the situation. I will let you know how it goes :smile: I am pretty nervous. In the dfe tests I seem to get between 20-23 but with nerves that could go right down :frown: I received an email from one Uni basically saying that they had received it and it had gone to admissions and gave me a login for their portal to track my application :smile: x
Up to now I haven't really been considering which of my choices is my top one because I'd be happy to be offered places at any of them. Now I'm wondering what I'd do if I was in the very fortunate position of being offered at all 3!
Do you know what you'd do and how you'd choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pineapple pie
Up to now I haven't really been considering which of my choices is my top one because I'd be happy to be offered places at any of them. Now I'm wondering what I'd do if I was in the very fortunate position of being offered at all 3!
Do you know what you'd do and how you'd choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my order would be Cambridge then Warwick then Durham. I really doubt I am going to get all three though.
I've got my welcome email through. I assume this is the one we will need to take to our tests as proof of application.
Welcome email arrive too! This is definitely the one I'll be printing off to take to my Skills tests next week :smile:
Just wanted to wish you all good luck! So excited for you all. I feel the old butterflies that I felt last year when I was applying. You will love the course! I am loving mine at the moment! :-D xx
Original post by beanbrain
Welcome email arrive too! This is definitely the one I'll be printing off to take to my Skills tests next week :smile:

Wicked I got one too! Exciting times haha!!!
Reply 914
Well I sat my GCSE science equivalency exams today. Should hopefully get the results over the next few days. Then if I get my C I can finally get round to applying! If I don't... I'll still apply but to limited places.
I got my welcome email this morning :smile: Weird we all got them at the same time.
Reply 916
Original post by Zoe_88
Well I sat my GCSE science equivalency exams today. Should hopefully get the results over the next few days. Then if I get my C I can finally get round to applying! If I don't... I'll still apply but to limited places.

Fingers crossed for you!
Okay, I've got one of my references back but I don't think my other referee has even looked at his emails yet what with it being half term. Getting a little nervous now, just want to send it off so whatever will be can be!

Out of curiosity- is anyone here applying for History PGCE? and where have you guys applied? I'm still umming and ahhing over my last choice whilst I wait for my referees to get back.
Reply 918
Does anyone have any idea whether a school direct school, when accredited by a university, would have the same entry requirements as the university? I'm thinking in terms of my GCSE Science, if my grade comes back next week and I've got a D again I can't resit it again until January, but I still want to apply soon. Some universities will accept my application and could still offer me a place with this as a condition (Liverpool Hope and Edge Hill) however a lot of other universities want me to already have the grade before applying which is why I mite be limited :-/ but if the schools accredited by Liverpool Hope and Edge Hill for school direct will allow me to apply then I would probably do one of those as my third choice.
I mite have to email each school individually to find out as I can't find information on the school websites/UCAS but if anyone has any idea then let me know :smile:
Oh right, the interviews are staggered over time? I thought you meant they were all done and dusted with deciding by next week. I hope I get plenty of notice for interviews, there's so much to prepare.

What are you applying for? Don't worry you have time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending