Scroll to see replies

Original post by GenuineHpLaptop
what answer did people get for the fish question? I got 150

Original post by Ginger_Gymnast92
me too :smile:

Me too!

What did people put for that last one?

Original post by bj1
Not too bad overall, except the 95% distribution thing and the last one.

Will "Mr M" be posting his answers tomorrow? (They're supposed to wait 24 hours)

Is he edexcel?wheres he posting it-which area of tsr?
And completely agree,that 95% one was weird aswell
Original post by Strom
I'm in year 10 and that was my first ever GCSE exam :smile: Hoping for 90+% but i always lose some marks for the sampling questions

I'm in year 10 too! But it was my fourth exam as we did a core science gcse as well :3
Original post by #sarahsmith2
What did you guys put for the why is it number.8 even though they add up to number.9??

Human error/computer error? I put mistakes when entering total
What's the wieghing of the controlled assesment? 25% or 65%? Could a high A* exam compensate a borderline B C/A?
Original post by bj1

Will "Mr M" be posting his answers tomorrow? (They're supposed to wait 24 hours)

Who is "Mr M" and I don't think it matters too much... The 'unofficial mark schemes' for other exams were all up before 6 on the same day
Original post by bj1

What did you get for the distribution question? It was just 2 s.d s (where 95% of the data lies in a normal distribution) - you calculated 30 in the previous question so it was 2x30 (60) then add/subtract that from the 107, giving you a lower value of 47 and an upper value of 167. I can't remember the question exactly but I'm sure it went roughly like that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lyricalvibe
What's the wieghing of the controlled assesment? 25% or 65%? Could a high A* exam compensate a borderline B C/A?

The controlled assessment is worth 25%, the exam 75%.
Original post by aaronm360
What did you get for the distribution question? It was just 2 s.d s (where 95% of the data lies in a normal distribution) - you calculated 30 in the previous question so it was 2x30 (60) then subtract that from the 107, giving you a lower value of 47 and an upper value of 167. I can't remember the question exactly but I'm sure it went roughly like that.

Yeah that's what I put :smile:

Also, for the second part you had to say whether the zoologist was right. At first I got confused and thought it had to be related to the whole 95% thing so I said she's right as almost 95% of data lies within 2s.d. Then I added the histogram showed no skew
The controlled assessment is worth 25%, the exam 75%.

Thank you! My teacher started the course saying otherwise -_- i have hopes for better grades now :biggrin: how'd you find the exam?
Who is "Mr M" and I don't think it matters too much... The 'unofficial mark schemes' for other exams were all up before 6 on the same day

Hes a maths teacher that post exam mark schemes, i think it's a teacher thing
What did you get for the distribution question? It was just 2 s.d s (where 95% of the data lies in a normal distribution) - you calculated 30 in the previous question so it was 2x30 (60) then add/subtract that from the 107, giving you a lower value of 47 and an upper value of 167. I can't remember the question exactly but I'm sure it went roughly like that.
<br />
<br />
I put that too :smile:
Reply 70

Also, for the second part you had to say whether the zoologist was right. At first I got confused and thought it had to be related to the whole 95% thing so I said she's right as almost 95% of data lies within 2s.d. Then I added the histogram showed no skew

I thought he was wrong because the histogram showed positive skew and the midpoints of the values were below and above the lower and upper value of 2SD.

Yeah, I put that it was roughly bell-shaped, which shows a normal distribution - so 'the zoologist' was correct. :biggrin:

Thank you! My teacher started the course saying otherwise -_- i have hopes for better grades now :biggrin: how'd you find the exam?

Haha, sounds like your school was about as prepared as mine was! :wink:

I thought it went quite well, apart from about two questions where I lost a couple of marks. Hopefully I got at least in the high 80s, if not 90s as that's what I need for an A*.

We'll find out in late August I suppose! :rolleyes:
Yeah, I put that it was roughly bell-shaped, which shows a normal distribution - so 'the zoologist' was correct. :biggrin:

Haha, sounds like your school was about as prepared as mine was! :wink:

I thought it went quite well, apart from about two questions where I lost a couple of marks. Hopefully I got at least in the high 80s, if not 90s as that's what I need for an A*.

We'll find out in late August I suppose! :rolleyes:

Started in January, did a mock straight away and got a B so we switched from furthrr maths to this in hopes for good grades :/ you done your maths gcse already?what did you get?

Same really, I'm hoping with any stupid errors, 80s :smile: i yhought the grade boundaries we're lower than that?why do you need so much for an A*?I'm hoping for an A atleast though :wink:
i yhought the grade boundaries we're lower than that?why do you need so much for an A*?I'm hoping for an A atleast though :wink:

It's because of my CAT mark. It wasn't bad but my teacher offered me such little guidance that I thought it could have been much better. Some people at my school need over 100% for an A* in the exam (obviously not possible).
It's because of my CAT mark. It wasn't bad but my teacher offered me such little guidance that I thought it could have been much better. Some people at my school need over 100% for an A* in the exam (obviously not possible).

Can you show me how you work it out? And unlucky, i think I'll be in a similar position and my teacher did the exact same- he just acted as though we should know what we're doing when we'd only been doing the course for a couple months, plus we did THE WHOLE C/A over one week and the week they chose was the one just before exams start :angry: good luck though! :smile:

How do you work it out?
Can you show me how you work it out? And unlucky, i think I'll be in a similar position and my teacher did the exact same- he just acted as though we should know what we're doing when we'd only been doing the course for a couple months, plus we did THE WHOLE C/A over one week and the week they chose was the one just before exams start :angry: good luck though! :smile:

How do you work it out?

Sorry, I have no idea. My teacher just used some complicated-looking Excel spreadsheet equation to calculate it, and said it was 'a rough guess' due to grade boundaries or something like that. A lot of help at my school! :biggrin:
Can someone put up any answers that they got... I'd do it but I have a bad memory ... Maybee this would jog my memory :smile: Plus it makes me feel better if I know people put the same answers
Reply 77
Oh know I did my diagram stuff in pencil :frown:
Original post by Binabob
Oh know I did my diagram stuff in pencil :frown:

As long as it was dark and legible, you'll be fine.
Reply 79
As long as it was dark and legible, you'll be fine.

I'll keep that in mind and relax a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest