The Student Room Group

i feel so angry about england going out of the WC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by A100whoo
I thought England had one more game?

Italy had to beat both Costa Rica and Uruguay for England to have a chance. Since Italy lost to Costa Rica and there's still Uruguay vs Italy, it's literally impossible for England to get enough points to pass the group stage because Costa Rica has 6 points, Italy and Uruguay have 3 (and at least one of them will gain points from their match) and England have 0. Beating Costa Rica will bring England up to 3 points, which is not enough to get them into first or second place.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
The only things I allow myself to get upset over are things that have an impact or things that I empathise with. Not things that have no significance, like some overpaid idiots losing a pointless game

brb gonna go and watch fault in our stars and cry at the end
Suárez is a god.
Reply 83
Original post by dire wolf
i honestly believe that Spain was bribed. I mean, Chile?!? Come off it.

Spain deserved to lose after that 5-1 with the Netherlands.
Reply 84
Original post by dire wolf
Football is not about the players, it's about confidence + good tactics. Costa Rica are trash, but they're getting along just fine because they're using dirty tricks to win. We need a manager that is willing to do anything to achieve, Mourinho perhaps.

dont hate, what dirty tactics, they play amazing football
Original post by Exon
Spain deserved to lose after that 5-1 with the Netherlands.

They deserved to lose to Chile because they lost to Holland?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AngelPhys
Motheroflord! For the people who watches football, who follows it, wouldn't say that (me)!

When I say "rubbish", I don't mean they can't play football. They can. But they can't play football against the best teams in the world.
Reply 87
Original post by hello101010
They deserved to lose to Chike because they lost to Holland?

No, they deserved it because they got utterly destroyed by Holland. Spain's only goal in that game was on a penalty. Says a lot about how they played.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by felamaslen
When I say "rubbish", I don't mean they can't play football. They can. But they can't play football against the best teams in the world.

They beat the best team in the world last time they played them :smile:
Original post by Exon
No, they deserved it because they got utterly destroyed by Holland. Spain's only goal in that game was on a penalty. Says a lot about how they played.

It's a different game, its completely irrelevant. They deserved to lose to Chile because they played badly against Chile, not because they played badly against Holland.
Reply 90
It's a different game, its completely irrelevant. They deserved to lose to Chile because they played badly against Chile, not because they played badly against Holland.

I was using the holland game to emphasise that Spain's loss against Chile wasn't a fluke. Spain just wasn't prepared this time round.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
brb gonna go and watch fault in our stars and cry at the end

Your sig is great hahahaha
I'm glad, means I don't have to put up with everyone jabbering on about a pointless sport that's boring as ****

hear hear
But football clearly does have a bearing on people's lives. It's really not hard to understand.

But its a game the only thing it affects is peoples emotions short term (if they can't get over losing a game there's something wrong) not their own personal lives. Unless they don't have their own life.
(edited 9 years ago)
It really doesn't. Has anyone died because of it?

yes they have actually.

besides football is a shared passion between countries all over the world, it allows people to experience other cultures and is generally good for the economy also.

not to mention money raised through charity games, huge donations made by players (look at the work a footballer named drogba has done for his home country) and they run campaigns against racism and such
It's like Eurovision- we know we're going to lose but we go for it anyway :biggrin:
They beat the best team in the world last time they played them :smile:

Who was that? Anyway it doesn't matter if it's not the world cup. In the world cups, England have consistently been mediocre. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha, I found it hilarious. Made my summer. England are useless anyway. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
Original post by felamaslen
Who was that? Anyway it doesn't matter if it's not the world cup. In the world cups, England have consistently been mediocre. :tongue:

Spain

Also beat Brazil last year. But yeah you're right :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Spain

Also beat Brazil last year. But yeah you're right :tongue:

I think we all know by now that Spain are not the best team in the world. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest