The Student Room Group

Clegg- teaching British values will upset moderate muslims- should they be forced?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They should be taught science instead.
I was raised Muslim and we went to schools where we said the Lord's prayer every Monday, performed Nativity plays during Christmas, made Easter cards in class, sang hymns in assembly and visited churches. Not one Muslim was offended.

Some of the things that some people on TSR come out with just make me laugh. I'm glad that most people I know aren't like that in real-life.
British values=having sex with everyone even your own sister,drugs,alcohol,and cheating ,lying,and not respecting the elderly??

**** british values,the brits never respect anyone when they are abroad,why should we???
Islam doesn't intergrate. It's not a rational nor submitting religion. It only answers to it's own protocools. How gullible and blind the british are.
Not sure this should really be about Muslims specifically. Schools should be there to educate and tbh take care and intervene if a child is suspected of suffering abuse at home, certainly they should not be there to teach people what to think or believe. Even the idea British values seems childish, 200 years ago were they imperialism and conquest, so what are they?
Original post by bad8oy
What are British values? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

They mean Western values, and they should have the honesty to call them that. They are not just British and they should be adopted all over the world.

Nick Clegg is being a condescending and divisive arse in my opinion. No change there then.
Reply 26
That's such a broad, ambiguous statement that I'm actually unsure if it even means anything. It might've been a good idea to first define what British values are, Clegg. :facepalm:
British Values = Judaic Western Values = Marxism, feminismWe would be better to learn Muslim values, seeing as Muslim and Christianity values are largely the same. Christianity's pretty much been subverted to the point there aren't many real Christians in the West today.Christianity is seen as a threat to their supremacy and new world order. People like Cameron claiming to be Christian it's a farce, the guy's a hardcore Zionist and these are the people who are anti-Christian. What remains of Christianity in Europe today comes from the East where it's trying to be rebuilt after years of communist oppression. No wonder the "west" hates Russia.
Reply 28
Original post by 911wasaZionistOp
British Values = Judaic Western Values = Marxism, feminismWe would be better to learn Muslim values, seeing as Muslim and Christianity values are largely the same. Christianity's pretty much been subverted to the point there aren't many real Christians in the West today.Christianity is seen as a threat to their supremacy and new world order. People like Cameron claiming to be Christian it's a farce, the guy's a hardcore Zionist and these are the people who are anti-Christian. What remains of Christianity in Europe today comes from the East where it's trying to be rebuilt after years of communist oppression. No wonder the "west" hates Russia.

Taxi!
Original post by Borsalino
British values=having sex with everyone even your own sister,drugs,alcohol,and cheating ,lying,and not respecting the elderly??

**** british values,the brits never respect anyone when they are abroad,why should we???

Because your parents expect us to pay for your education and health care and your home. You see when they fled their own country to come here there was a reason why they chose here rather than anywhere else

Perhaps it's because of our values that they did (in your case it is really so you or your dad could sleep with your sister?)

but there is a term 'biting the hand that feeds'

something you should learn about
Original post by Radicalathiest
Because your parents expect us to pay for your education and health care and your home. You see when they fled their own country to come here there was a reason why they chose here rather than anywhere else

Perhaps it's because of our values that they did (in your case it is really so you or your dad could sleep with your sister?)

but there is a term 'biting the hand that feeds'

something you should learn about

You would think after witnessing people coming from other countries for the last 60 years and making a huge success of their economic lives, the white English would have learned by example. But, no. You prefer to sit at home drinking, watching talent shows and moaning about "immigrants on benefits"

As for immigrations , but maybe if you were so good in science and math, you would not be inviting Indian/Chineese/Arabs doctors, nurses, engineers and even teachers to educate you in English.

Statistics show that Asians have below average crime and unemployment rates and are therefore net contributors to the UK economy

The only reason english people hate us is because we work harder then them ,and we are doing better than them in their own country.This is why most of employers prefer to employ us rather then english natives we work more for less,we are boosting the country economy and they still hate us...
No Asian is on benefit unlike some people in britishs

Your nation is built on stolen money. once the stolen money stopped coming in, the truth comes out.. that you are good for nothing, other than stealing from other countries.

You people were roaming in jungle eating fruits n leaves,not having language or any manners.You people are what today is because of India,If we can make you,we also can break you.

You and your grandpas was here for 300 years looting us and collecting benefits. Please return the cash you and your grandpa stole from us and then we will go to India

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-taxpayer.html x

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mugs-game.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...leet-cars.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-homeless.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ger-house.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-horrific.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...her-eight.html

ALl OF THEM ARE ENGLISH MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Many white riots are a deluded self pitying whiners. They blame anyone and anything for broken Britain but reality is its mainly them who are not contributing as much as they should. Deep down they know its them who are lazy scroungers but they can't admit that of course so they have to blame others and in process make up a whole load of b.s.

BRIT KIDS ARE VERY POOR IN MATH AND SCIENCE COMPARED TO COUNTRIES LIKE INDIA/CHINA/KOREA/SRI LANKA AND JAPAN. BRIT KIDS ARE GETTING DUMB BY EACH PASSING DAY

We are here to take back our money,british values does not exist,you people invented racism/sexism/colonialism/fascism/and rewriting history....
(edited 9 years ago)
You would think after witnessing people coming from other countries for the last 60 years and making a huge success of their economic lives, the white English would have learned by example.

Oh dear 'No Asian is on benefit unlike some people in britishs'

I can see your English is poor so odd that you think we need to learn if from people like you:biggrin:

we were once the greatest nation on earth so we don't need an immigrants like yourself telling us what we are or what we are not

Now while times have changed there's a reason you are an immigrant in my country and I'm not an immigrant in the country your parents fled from.

Ever wondered why this would be?

So tell us why did your parents leave and come cap in hand to my country?
(edited 9 years ago)
The phrase 'British Values' has been thrown around a lot by politicians recently. Personally I want to know exactly what they constitute as 'teaching British Values'.

I'm all for teaching all children about British culture, be it Christmas, history, etc.

However there's a thin line. For instance as far as a politics and history go, they should be taught with an emphasis on British history, however children shouldn't be expected to blindly follow what they're taught. History and politics can never be taught impartially so there's nothing wrong with children questioning and challenging the status quo.

Does teaching British Values mean training kids to never question the government? Because that's not something I would ever back.

Personally I think Muslims (and I am one) themselves need to start stepping up in educating the youth on Islam. If kids really understood Islam they wouldn't turn to extremist groups. It's really easy to fall into that trap when you don't have an educated source of authority to steer you in the right direction. There's a mosque local to me that is really good in this respect. Most of the activity that goes on in that mosque is steered towards educating the youth and teaching them that there are no extremes in Islam.

I don't think British Values (whatever they may be) has anything to do with it.
Original post by Radicalathiest
Oh dear

we were once the greatest nation on earth so we don't need an immigrant like yourself telling us what we are or what we are not

Now while times have changed there's a reason you are an immigrant in my country and I'm not an immigrant in the country your parents fled from.

Ever wondered why this would be?

So tell us why did your parents leave and come cap in hand to my country?

looooool greatest nation????

The gross domestic product of India in the 16th century was estimated at about 25.1% of the world economy, and before the British started colonizing India in the 18th century, India was the second-largest economy in the world, with the Manchu China. By the time British left India in 1947, India had been reduced to a 3rd world country! India's share of the world income went from 27% in 1700 (compared to Europe's share of 23%) to 3% in 1950.
So one can deduce who took money from whom

Your nation is built on stolen money. once the stolen money stopped coming in, the truth comes out.. that you are good for nothing, other than stealing from other countries.

You people were roaming in jungle eating fruits n leaves,not having language or any manners.You people are what today is because of India,If we can make you,we also can break you.

You and your grandpas was here for 300 years looting us and collecting benefits. Please return the cash you and your grandpa stole from us and then we will go to India

The funny thing is that immigrants are doing the exact same thing in your own country...
Nowdays Indians/Chineese/And Arabs owns the uk!

Enjoy your declin!

BRIT KIDS ARE VERY POOR IN MATH AND SCIENCE COMPARED TO COUNTRIES LIKE INDIA/CHINA/KOREA/SRI LANKA AND JAPAN. BRIT KIDS ARE GETTING DUMB BY EACH PASSING DAY

Maybe if us Brits learnt English properly we could be as articulate as you. :daydreaming:
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Maybe if us Brits learnt English properly we could be as articulate as you. :daydreaming:

That is why you people are hiring immigrants to educate you in English HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH:biggrin:
That is why you people are hiring immigrants to educate you in English HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH:biggrin:

Then you need to take lessons

Calm down dear.

Do you have any proof/statistics to show that a significant proportion of English teachers in the UK are foreign, or are you going to keep brandishing your bellicose rubbish in the hope that someone will believe you?
looooool greatest nation????

Enjoy your declin!

it's 'decline' telling people they are ignorant while being barley able to converse in the language is quite ironic

but as I said there's a reason you are an immigrant in this country and I'm not an immigrant in the one your parents fled from?
I'm sure Clegg talked to many members of the Muslim community before making those comments and they then gave him permission to talk on behalf of them.

I'm sure he (and other politicians that throw this phrase around) can define what "British Values" are as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending