The Student Room Group

Hi :)... can anyone offer a voice of reason?

Hi,
Is it ok to ask career questions on here? I would really appreciate a reply, as at the moment im in the process of completely changing my career plan.

I had orginally planned to study medicine after getting 5a's and 6a*'s. Despite the fact i had a year of school due to illness. It was the determination to succeed that kept me going.
I am completely aware that grades are your responsbiility, however for AS i didnt get the grades i needed, due to problems througout the year with teaching, and very big class sizes, as the school is very under funded. As i say i appreciate that these are by no means extenuating circumstances.
However after much thought, i decided to resit my AS levels doing different subjects, as i would like to pursue a career in Law. Which i knew deep down i would be better at. My question is, if u ve completely changed your subjects are u still considered a resit candidate ( sorry if its a stupid question). Also if i get AS: AAAAA and A2:AAAA coupled with a good LNAT score and personal statement. Would i be considered for law at any university? I am really commited and determined to succeed, but i would really appreciate any advice. Thank u.
Many regards, any comments gratefully received,
nadezhda
Reply 1
Ask A Mod is for questions about the site and moderation issues, I'm going to move this to the law forum.
Reply 2
Thankyou Acaila..I'm sorry new here, didnt know quite where to put it! :smile:
Reply 3
No problemo, I realised :wink:
Reply 4
esperanza
Hi,
Also if i get AS: AAAAA and A2:AAAA coupled with a good LNAT score and personal statement. Would i be considered for law at any university? I am really commited and determined to succeed

Esperanza

Of course. You sound like an ideal candidate. As to the resits I would e-mail the universities in question but generally I don't think, given that you took a fresh set of subjects, that this would be an important issue or one that would hinder your application in any significant way.

Also, well done for tackling a difficult situation and coming out of it with such great results!
Reply 5
esperanza
Hi,
Is it ok to ask career questions on here? I would really appreciate a reply, as at the moment im in the process of completely changing my career plan.

I had orginally planned to study medicine after getting 5a's and 6a*'s. Despite the fact i had a year of school due to illness. It was the determination to succeed that kept me going.
I am completely aware that grades are your responsbiility, however for AS i didnt get the grades i needed, due to problems througout the year with teaching, and very big class sizes, as the school is very under funded. As i say i appreciate that these are by no means extenuating circumstances.
However after much thought, i decided to resit my AS levels doing different subjects, as i would like to pursue a career in Law. Which i knew deep down i would be better at. My question is, if u ve completely changed your subjects are u still considered a resit candidate ( sorry if its a stupid question). Also if i get AS: AAAAA and A2:AAAA coupled with a good LNAT score and personal statement. Would i be considered for law at any university? I am really commited and determined to succeed, but i would really appreciate any advice. Thank u.
Many regards, any comments gratefully received,
Esperanza

Hey,

I resat my first year of AS because I knew I could do better and it didn't hinder my prospects to do law. This is due to a) working really hard and b) writing an exceptional PS. I came from getting DDU at AS-level, starting all over again and going on to get AAC at A-Level. I didn't meet my 1st choice offer however my insurance for QM was made unconditional previously (I had no idea!) which just goes to show that if a uni sees something, they want it!
In all honesty though, I worked so so so so hard and it was a constant struggle to do a third year because it becomes very hard to motivate yourself especially when you get stressed. As long as you keep at it, you'll be fine: look towards long-term goals:smile:

God Bless,

Root

Latest

Trending

Trending