The Student Room Group

Computer science vs Actuarial science

I study Maths, further maths and physics at a level
However I'm unsure on what to do at university. I'm torn between doing an engineering science (like computer science) or whether I should do something more towards statistics (like becoming an actuary).

Does anyone study these subjects or something similar and could help? I know most universities don't actually have a straight actuarial science degree but if I chose to be an actuary I would probably study statistics or finance (something along those lines)

Can anyone give me details about each type of degree what what it would result in job wise? Could you tell me about the salaries. I'm really looking towards getting a high paid job so which jobs would have higher salaries? Also is being an actuary really that stressful and boring as everyone makes out to be? What is the mathematical content in computer science? Is it interesting?

If anyone could give input to any of these questions, that would be very helpful! Thanks :smile:
Original post by 🔫 and🌹
I study Maths, further maths and physics at a level
However I'm unsure on what to do at university. I'm torn between doing an engineering science (like computer science) or whether I should do something more towards statistics (like becoming an actuary).

Does anyone study these subjects or something similar and could help? I know most universities don't actually have a straight actuarial science degree but if I chose to be an actuary I would probably study statistics or finance (something along those lines)

Can anyone give me details about each type of degree what what it would result in job wise? Could you tell me about the salaries. I'm really looking towards getting a high paid job so which jobs would have higher salaries? Also is being an actuary really that stressful and boring as everyone makes out to be? What is the mathematical content in computer science? Is it interesting?

If anyone could give input to any of these questions, that would be very helpful! Thanks :smile:

Hi, this is the architecture and civil-engineering sub-forum, I think you're in the wrong place? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending