The Student Room Group

Parent haven't been contacted to support my application

Hiya
I know now that in many cases once a finance application is sent off people have received things asking their parents to support their application.

I nor my parents have received anything relating to this application support so just wondered how I would know if i shouldve have received it.

On my student finance application page it says that they don't need anything else from me atm so would that include the parental support?

My main concern here is that my application has been delayed because i havent been able to fill this part out however I understand that things can take a while and I didnt apply for the maintenance grant ( as i wouldnt have received pretty much anything from it according to the tables) so think that may be why I havent be asked to give my parents support but just wanted to ask here as well.
How long has it been? My parents only received the email after 3 or 4 weeks so don't fret if it hasn't been that long. Also, unless you've applied for some sort of maintenance support, I don't think your parents will need to send off any income details as SFE don't really need to calculate anything and tution fee loan is pretty much guaranteed for a UK national (sorry, I don't know whether you are one or not).

If you're still worried, call them on this number 0300 100 0607 (taken from the SFE website: https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england). They were more than helpful when I had a problem =)
Reply 2
Original post by Remenance
Hiya
I know now that in many cases once a finance application is sent off people have received things asking their parents to support their application.

I nor my parents have received anything relating to this application support so just wondered how I would know if i shouldve have received it.

On my student finance application page it says that they don't need anything else from me atm so would that include the parental support?

My main concern here is that my application has been delayed because i havent been able to fill this part out however I understand that things can take a while and I didnt apply for the maintenance grant ( as i wouldnt have received pretty much anything from it according to the tables) so think that may be why I havent be asked to give my parents support but just wanted to ask here as well.

Just so you know - the first £3000 or so of the maintenance loan isn't dependent on household income, so everyone (no matter what your parents earn) can get this £3000 a year! it's only money above this that's dependent on household income.
(edited 9 years ago)
Unless you asked for an income assessed loan your parents will not be asked for any information and you will get the minimum loan for maintenance.

Quick Reply