The Student Room Group

Requirements for Environmental Science

Hi, this might not occur to many, but I begun looking at universities knowing that i'd be studying Law, so of course, i've taken A-levels to suit that.

However, now i'm thinking of studying Environmental Science/Geography instead. Geography is fine as I study it at A-Level, but I also study Government and Politics and English Literature (with Art at AS), and i've seen some universities asking for at least 2 sciences for Environmental Science subjects (Geography is considered a science). Would I be okay to apply for this course anyways, if I choose to study it instead of Law or if I took Environmental as an extra AS whilst doing my A2 for the other subjects, or would I need to complete the whole A-level?

Hopefully that all makes sense :colondollar:
Original post by JesssicaMary
Hi, this might not occur to many, but I begun looking at universities knowing that i'd be studying Law, so of course, i've taken A-levels to suit that.

However, now i'm thinking of studying Environmental Science/Geography instead. Geography is fine as I study it at A-Level, but I also study Government and Politics and English Literature (with Art at AS), and i've seen some universities asking for at least 2 sciences for Environmental Science subjects (Geography is considered a science). Would I be okay to apply for this course anyways, if I choose to study it instead of Law or if I took Environmental as an extra AS whilst doing my A2 for the other subjects, or would I need to complete the whole A-level?

Hopefully that all makes sense :colondollar:

If the course asks for two science A Levels (which I would imagine that most good environmental science courses would) then that means two A2 levels, not an A2 and an AS. You've got quite an unusual situation so you might want to prospectively email Universities you're interested in and ask them what they suggest you do.
I would suggest you email them. I will be starting an Environmental Science degree in Bangor in september. As I was returning to education I had to complete a science based Access Course as I needed to have a grounding in science first. Although I know that they do have an introductory Chemistry
Module in the first year for those who don't have A level Chem already.

I found the admissions tutors are always very helpful. Is there a particular reason that you want to study Environmental Science over Environmental Management!? I know that where I an going they offer both and the difference really between the two is that the chemistry of the science degree is replaced by more business/law/policy related modules.

I was to on the open day if I was in two minds between the two that I should opt for science because it would be easier for me to change my mind and swap from science to management than the other way around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending