The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
never mind ey, who knows? maybe you'd have ended up stressing yourself out revising that bit more to get those 3 marks only for the stress to knock them off elsewhere on some other paper, then you'd be just where you are now! Fate's a funny thing (even if it is a blimmin a*** at the same time!)
Well done for getting in mate, don't beat yourself up!

x
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I know exactly how you feel- I needed AAB for my scholarship and got ABB, with 1 mark off an A for Business Studies. I'll try and get it re-marked and see if it produces that extra mark.

Also, for AQA at least, if you get have any papers re-marked and it affects your overall grade, then you get a refund. Otherwise, you have to pay the £40 (per paper)!
Reply 3
The Magic Manatee
I know exactly how you feel- I needed AAB for my scholarship and got ABB, with 1 mark off an A for Business Studies. I'll try and get it re-marked and see if it produces that extra mark.

Also, for AQA at least, if you get have any papers re-marked and it affects your overall grade, then you get a refund. Otherwise, you have to pay the £40 (per paper)!

i'm having a remark as well.

best of luck!
Reply 4
Does anybody know when you find out if you got the scholarship?
I got my 3 A's but Id just like confirmation that I actually got it. x Hope those remarks work out for all you guys
Reply 5
I was 6 marks off in English.. was a bit gutted at first but now I just guess it wasn't meant to be! :frown:
Do you have to apply for a scolarship or do you get it automatically if you get the grades?
Reply 7
Does anyone know where you can get exact information about the "£1000 a year for 3 A's" scholarship, because I got AAB in my chosen subjects then an A in General Studies (which everyone in our 6th form had to take). Would this qualify me for the scholarship? I have serious doubts it would, but would like confirmation from some knowledeable so and so out there.
Reply 8
you need to email [email protected] and address it to Paul Graves if you have any queries.
Reply 9
I think to be applicable for a scholarship you had to be offered one before you recieved your results, but I may be wrong so Id do as random_bloke says and email the above.
Reply 10
You are only sent a scholarship offer if you put Lancaster as your firm choice (you can claim this to be unfair or whatever but it's to get people to put Lancaster as there firm choice). If you get the grades stipulated in the offer then you get the scholarship, if you don't - then you don't. There isn't any opportunity to say 'oh I was only a couple of marks off' since it doesn't actually affect your place. There are, however, exceptions such as music performance scholarships but for the general academic scholarships then the same rules apply to everyone.
Reply 11
got a letter from school today.

i didn't improve my grade and i owe them £42.65

bugger.
fearnly
Does anyone know where you can get exact information about the "£1000 a year for 3 A's" scholarship, because I got AAB in my chosen subjects then an A in General Studies (which everyone in our 6th form had to take). Would this qualify me for the scholarship? I have serious doubts it would, but would like confirmation from some knowledeable so and so out there.

Well they offered me scholarship terms of aaa including english language, and i got aaab (one a in general studies). I rang up today and apparently i'm still entitled to the £1000. So general studies worked for me, but id ring 01524592107 and speak to the people there, they were really helpful!
Bad luck random bloke.

You should hopefully be able to cope without it anyway, just a bit less spending money.

Just hope mine is still successful....
Oh Cack

Just got the results of my re-mark today and found out that my grade and marks have stayed the same.
Even now I'm wishing they would give me a sympathy mark! Oh well, that's £40 well spent :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending