The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

How is Stratford for a single female?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Precious Illusions
Lol, where did you think I meant? Dagenham is a weird one tbh as it's technically Essex but so close to East London that most consider it East London.

Thought you mean somewhere far in Essex, like Colchester or somewhere like that...

Yeah I usually call Dagenham/Ilford etc. East London even though they're technically essex.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by jam278
Thought you mean somewhere far in Essex, like Colchester or somewhere like that...

Yeah I usually call Dagenham/Ilford etc. East London even though they're technically essex.

Ahhh right :lol: Nah I'd hate to live somewhere like Colchester, no tube or oysters etc :zomg: Yeah same here really, I usually just say I'm from East London. :laugh:
Technically it's in greater LondonHistorically in essex
Original post by DollyG
I'm room hunting and thought Stratford was a good option, until I came across an article from Daily Mail (yeah, that's why I am not taking it as a Gospel) that it was the worst in London for Crime.

Ok, I know the usual advice:
be alert, there are always rough patches in cities like London, don't do anything silly like wander alone drunk in the middle of the night etc.

But putting all that aside, do you guys have personal experience of living in Stratford? As a single, petite female, I am hardly intimidating, and more likely a target for muggers.

It's pretty good in terms of price, plus location to QMUL and transport links, that's why I am not ruling it out. Because I can't find many other places that tick all of those boxes (while being affordable)

Is it the kind of place where you would want your wife/sister/daughter to live alone?

Thanks

Id say Tower hamlets is a good Alternative borough if you dont wanna live in Newham, theyre similar but tower hamlets is way more less busy and its more quiet
Original post by DollyG
I'm room hunting and thought Stratford was a good option, until I came across an article from Daily Mail (yeah, that's why I am not taking it as a Gospel) that it was the worst in London for Crime.

be alert, there are always rough patches in cities like London, don't do anything silly like wander alone drunk in the middle of the night etc.

But putting all that aside, do you guys have personal experience of living in Stratford? As a single, petite female, I am hardly intimidating, and more likely a target for muggers.

It's pretty good in terms of price, plus location to QMUL and transport links, that's why I am not ruling it out. Because I can't find many other places that tick all of those boxes (while being affordable)

Is it the kind of place where you would want your wife/sister/daughter to live alone?

Thanks

Leytonstone is great and only 5 mins by tube to Stratford or bus ride of about 15 minutes.Ive lived in Leytonstone over 20 years and its a lovely place to live.Good shops and close to lots of greenery via Epping forest and Wanstead flats.
There are good parts of Starford too and near the centre where the student accommodation is there is an excellent vibe.
Other good areas are South Woodford and Wanstead and are not too far to travel.
Don't be put off as East London is a great place to live :-)
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by DollyG
Did you Leytonstone/Leyton rough in general, or particular areas? I would like more information on this, as I am almost close to signing a contract there.

Thanks.

Leytonstone is a great area and especially near the tube and around the upper parts.(Past the bridge on the High Road).
Original post by DollyG

Thanks

do you mind me asking if you are white?

Quick Reply

Latest