The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management

Hey Guys!
I have accepted my offer to KCL MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management.

Anyone got the same offer?

Lets follow each other on facebook

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beegali
Hey Guys!
I have accepted my offer to KCL MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management.

Hey @beegali, when did you submit your application? I submitted my application on April 8 (nearly 12 weeks ago) and have yet to receive the decision :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
what the hell is "accountability" ?
Reply 3
Original post by youcantbanme435
what the hell is "accountability" ?

I guess it relates to compliance and stuff like that :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by markuswair
Hey @beegali, when did you submit your application? I submitted my application on April 8 (nearly 12 weeks ago) and have yet to receive the decision :confused:

Hey!
Nice to meet you.

I have been offered a place last year, but could not accept last year.

Actually, last year I have received the decision after 2 months.

Have you still not received the offer?
Original post by beegali
Hey!
Nice to meet you.

I have been offered a place last year, but could not accept last year.

Actually, last year I have received the decision after 2 months.

Have you still not received the offer?

Wow, congrats! In which month did you apply last year>

Not yet, it's frustrating as it has been 12 weeks and 3 days. When I sent them a message inquiring my application status, they didn't answer my question. Instead, they asked me whether or not my date of birth is true, and asked me to upload a copy of my passport as a proof. I've replied and uploaded my passport, yet still no answer
Reply 6
Original post by beegali
Hey Guys!

Hi Beegali, I have received a condition offer from KCL. Same course with you.Hopefully I could meet the requirement.:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by markuswair
Wow, congrats! In which month did you apply last year>

Not yet, it's frustrating as it has been 12 weeks and 3 days. When I sent them a message inquiring my application status, they didn't answer my question. Instead, they asked me whether or not my date of birth is true, and asked me to upload a copy of my passport as a proof. I've replied and uploaded my passport, yet still no answer

More than strange. Actually, the best way to contact them is to call directly to admissions office.
I have applied on December and was offered a place in late February.

Are you going to accept offer from KCL if they will offer you a place? )

Btw where are you from ?
Reply 8
Original post by syafiqah
Hi Beegali, I have received a condition offer from KCL. Same course with you.Hopefully I could meet the requirement.:smile:

Nice 2 meet you! :smile:

What is your conditional requirement?
Reply 9
Original post by beegali
Nice 2 meet you! :smile:

What is your conditional requirement?

English requirement 7.0 IELTS. I just retook the exam, but the result havent came out yet. I wonder if they will still convert the conditions offer to UO.
Reply 10
English requirement 7.0 IELTS. I just retook the exam, but the result havent came out yet. I wonder if they will still convert the conditions offer to UO.

I also did not meet 7.0 requirement in writing section, but still they have issued UO.
Reply 11
Original post by beegali
I also did not meet 7.0 requirement in writing section, but still they have issued UO.

Really? How about overall score? I think I couldnt make it 7.0 in every section, except for reading.:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 12
Really? How about overall score? I think I couldnt make it 7.0 in every section, except for reading.:frown::frown::frown:

7.0, 7.0, 7.0, 6.5
Overall was 7.0.

What was your last score?
Where are you from btw?
Reply 13
Original post by beegali
7.0, 7.0, 7.0, 6.5
Overall was 7.0.

What was your last score?
Where are you from btw?

My last score was 6.0; L/R/W/S;5.5/7.0/6.0/6.0
I'm from Malaysia. How about you?
Reply 14
My last score was 6.0; L/R/W/S;5.5/7.0/6.0/6.0
I'm from Malaysia. How about you?

I am from Kazakhstan :smile:
Good luck, hopefully u'll get your desired band :smile:
Reply 15
hi everyone. I have received a conditional offer for the same programme. I have met the conditions but havent accepted the offer yet. I covered a significant number of modules in accounting and finance in my undergraduate program and not sure if this programme will add value. How about you guys? what are your backgrounds?
Reply 16
hi everyone. I have conditional offer for the same course. I have met the conditions but not yet accepted the offer. My undergraduate degree covered a lot of finance and accounting. I am not sure if the course is gonna add value. Will decide in a few days. How about you guys? What are your backgrounds?
Reply 17
Original post by SVTR
hi everyone. I have received a conditional offer for the same programme. I have met the conditions but havent accepted the offer yet. I covered a significant number of modules in accounting and finance in my undergraduate program and not sure if this programme will add value. How about you guys? what are your backgrounds?

Hi, What is your condition to the offer?

Unfortunately, I still unable to meet the conditions of my offer. I only managed to get 6.0 overall score of IELTS.:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 18
Hi, What is your condition to the offer?

Unfortunately, I still unable to meet the conditions of my offer. I only managed to get 6.0 overall score of IELTS.:frown::frown::frown:

It was english requirement. I took PTE academic for second time. It is above the required range. But havent sent my score yet.

Do you know anything about the career prospects after this course? KCL is a good brand but it is not known for accounting and finance. I am not sure is it worth investing 21,500 pounds in it. I have other offers from manchester and nottingham which are better known for accounting and finance. Its getting hard to choose among these.
Reply 19
Original post by SVTR
It was english requirement. I took PTE academic for second time. It is above the required range. But havent sent my score yet.

Do you know anything about the career prospects after this course? KCL is a good brand but it is not known for accounting and finance. I am not sure is it worth investing 21,500 pounds in it. I have other offers from manchester and nottingham which are better known for accounting and finance. Its getting hard to choose among these.

I'm not so sure about the career prospects, however I have compared the subjects for accounting n finance with Sheffield University, which I have currently hold the offer. The subjects taught in both unis are mostly the same.

I really want to study in KCL because it is a world brand college. :smile::smile:

Now, I think that I should withdraw the offer as I cannot meet the English requirement. I will go to Sheffield University instead.

Quick Reply

Latest