The Student Room Group

Women cry sexism to protect their privilege

Women are the most privileged in society and always been.

Just because you are not the leader does not mean you are not privilege.
There have always been laws and rules to protect women even at the expense of men.

When the titanic sank, women were privileged, women's lives were saved over men. Males are seen as expendable, why do you think millions of boys are sent to war and die to protect the resources women enjoy.

Even today, women are still more privileged than men from education, criminal courts, family courts, housing, health.

Despite all the privilege women have, you constantly hear them crying sexism, this is done to protect their privilege, and portraying themselves as victims is the best way to hold on to that privilege.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sk900

There have always been laws and rules to protect women even at the expense of men.

When the titanic sank, women were privileged, women's lives were saved over men. Male are seen as expendable, why do you think millions of boys are sent to war and die to protect the resources women enjoy.

Even today, women are still more privileged than men from education, criminal courts, family courts, housing, health.

Despite all the privilege women have, you constantly hear them crying sexism, this is done to protect their privilege, and portraying themselves as victims is the best way to hold on to that privilege.

Oh my goodness!! :0 I don't even know how to argue this one! Get a history textbook and read...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by karmacrunch
Oh my goodness!! :0 I don't even know how to argue this one! Get a history textbook and read...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read what? you were not sent to die in millions in war?
You were not sent to the mines to die doing dangers jobs?
You were given life boats before men?

You had comfortable, long lives compared to men.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

History has never really shown any particularly strong preference for keeping men alive over women by the way. It was only a ten year difference between the majority of men receiving schooling and the majority of women receiving schooling, and that was about a century ago. It tends to be people in power who decide who gets oppressed and who does not, not a gender.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CJKay
History has never really shown any particularly strong preference for keeping men alive over women by the way. It was only a ten year difference between the majority of men receiving schooling and the majority of women receiving schooling, and that was about a century ago.

What about the suffragettes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
What about the suffragettes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Men's suffrage to all men over 21 was given in 1918.
Women's suffrage to all women over 21 was given in 1928.

Another 10 year difference, although women's suffrage only gave way for the remaining 60% of women to vote as 40% already could.
Original post by sk900
Read what? you were not sent to die in millions in war?
You were not sent to the mines to die doing dangers jobs?
You were given life boats before men?

You had comfortable, long lives compared to men.

Well yeah because everyone thought (and still some people think today) that women should be protected. They shouldn't have any say or rights. That's suffering too! Obviously it's not as prominent now but it still occurs in some societies.

Also what about domestic violence, lack of rights to education, unequal jobs etc. towards women?
^ not everyone will experience this but you cannot deny that it doesn't happen!
Everyone has suffered in different ways and most of the time when a women says sexism she means it...
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well yeah because everyone thought (and still some people think today) that women should be protected. They shouldn't have any say or rights. That's suffering too! Obviously it's not as prominent now but it still occurs in some societies.

Also what about domestic violence, lack of rights to education, unequal jobs etc. towards women?
^ not everyone will experience this but you cannot deny that it doesn't happen!
Everyone has suffered in different ways and most of the time when a women says sexism she means it...
Posted from TSR Mobile

Domestic violence? 50 % is committed by women on men... go look it up.
Education? 40% of men at university and 60% of women at university.
90% of homeless people are men!

You are 14, you don't know nothing about the world, go away.
Reply 8
Original post by AlphaTango

I am straight but not white.
Original post by sk900
Domestic violence? 50 % is committed by women on men... go look it up.
Education? 40% of men at university and 60% of women at university.
90% of homeless people are men!

You are 14, you don't know nothing about the world, go away.

I thought we were talking about sexism through history? Those statistics would be very different e.g. in different countries and have different ranges in certain parts of continents...
Finding an average or percentage of the these statistics (if they are on a global scale) does not highlight the truth.

That's fine I'll go... ageist :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah because men are used as domestic slaves, treated as weapons of war and trafficked across the world away from their family into prostitution or the like. Oh let's not forget forced arranged marriage of children to predominantly older men. Please tell me more about how men aren't priveleged.
Original post by und3niable_
Yeah because men are used as domestic slaves, treated as weapons of war and trafficked across the world away from their family into prostitution or the like. Oh let's not forget forced arranged marriage of children to predominantly older men. Please tell me more about how men aren't priveleged.

Not that any of these are excusable.

But I'd rather be forced to marry someone than be forced to war to die.
Reply 12
Original post by und3niable_

domestic slaves? 90% of people who die in work place are men, they do the dirty, dangerous jobs. Men are used as cheap slave labor too!
I never seen a women cleaning the sewage network.

Weapons of war? Don't pick up few cases when boys are sent to die in their millions in war, they don't even have the chance to to grow up and enjoy life, all this is done to protect resources women enjoy

Remember the suffragettes who pinned white feather on a 14 year old boy in world war one for being a coward? he later joined and died!

If 90% of homeless people were women, they would be a big outcry but long as it happens to men then its ok.

You pick extreme cases and ignore the bigger picture to deny that you have privilege
This is what I expected from you..this is what women do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
Not that any of these are excusable.

But I'd rather be forced to marry someone than be forced to war to die.

Well said, not good having parts of your body blown to bits so others can enjoy a nice comfortable life at your expense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by sk900

When the titanic sank, women were privileged, women's lives were saved over men. Males are seen as expendable, why do you think millions of boys are sent to war and die to protect the resources women enjoy.

Femnists advocate hatred towards boys and men by portraying us as potential predators and a violent testosterone fueled species. Some radical feminist go as far as saying that the world would be better without men and that our population should be controlled and kept in small numbers (just enough to keep the species going).

Feminist want men to be inferior, or feel like men are inferior to women. When it's the complete opposite

Dismissing someone's opinion based on nothing more than them being a straight white male is heterophobic, racist and misandrist.
Thanks for the info :smile:.

I'm glad you've realised your bigotry :smile:
Yeah I bet the girl in India that was gangraped and hanged the other day by three perverts must have thought how privileged she was for getting their atention.
Original post by sk900
domestic slaves? 90% of people who die in work place are men, they do the dirty, dangerous jobs. Men are used as cheap slave labor too!
I never seen a women cleaning the sewage network.

Weapons of war? Don't pick up few cases when boys are sent to die in their millions in war, they don't even have the chance to to grow up and enjoy life, all this is done to protect resources women enjoy

Remember the suffragettes who pinned white feather on a 14 year old boy in world war one for being a coward? he later joined and died!

If 90% of homeless people were women, they would be a big outcry but long as it happens to men then its ok.

You pick extreme cases and ignore the bigger picture to deny that you have privilege
This is what I expected from you..this is what women do.

Actually about 2/3 of the total poor people population are women.
It was a small ruling class oppressing the rest of society, not men collectively oppressing women. Even centuries ago men were, in many ways, far worse off than women, whilst in other ways women were worse off than men. Overall there was no systematic oppression of the female gender by the male gender, that is utter horse **** like everything to come out of a feminists mouth

Quick Reply

Latest