The Student Room Group

IGCSE's, A/S and university acceptance

Hello everyone

I have finished year 12 this year doing A/S. I sat Maths, physics, ICT and a foreign language. Assuming I get B's in all of Maths, physics and ICT. Can I still apply to good universities that are ranked under 100-150 in the world such as Lancaster university or even the university of Manchester? I want to apply for engineering.

The reason I'm asking because my IGCSE marks were awful due to reasons that are quite sad due to teachers doubt, anyway my marks for the IGCSE were:

Foreign language - A
Maths - C
Physics - B
English - B
ICT - B
Chemistry - C
Biology - C
Business - D

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fawzi963
Hello everyone

I have finished year 12 this year doing A/S. I sat Maths, physics, ICT and a foreign language. Assuming I get B's in all of Maths, physics and ICT. Can I still apply to good universities that are ranked under 100-150 in the world such as Lancaster university or even the university of Manchester? I want to apply for engineering.

The reason I'm asking because my IGCSE marks were awful due to reasons that are quite sad due to teachers doubt, anyway my marks for the IGCSE were:

Foreign language - A
Maths - C
Physics - B
English - B
ICT - B
Chemistry - C
Biology - C
Business - D

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya, just going to pop this in Applications as someone there can help you. :smile:
Look up the entrance requirements for the courses in which you are interested e.g. Engineering at Lancaster is ABB.

If your AS results are close to the requirements and you can get predictions at that level, then you have a good chance of getting an offer. Achieving that offer is down to you.

Your IGCSE results will be considered as less important than your AS results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending