The Student Room Group

Next summer temp

I recently applied for a summer temp job at next, the sale support team. I received an email today saying my application has been shortlisted and they will contact me by phone if successful. I was just wondering if anyone has applied for this same role, as they have started hiring across the country now for the summer sale. Has anyone had an interview yet? Was it through the phone? Because it's only for a short amount of time for the sale, some have said there wasn't much of an interview, just an induction. Any help would be appreciated, thanks:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I've applied to the same job and I'm at the same stage you are. I don't think the interview will be so formal since the job's only for the summer
Reply 2
Original post by MimiOsei
Hey! I've applied to the same job and I'm at the same stage you are. I don't think the interview will be so formal since the job's only for the summer

Hi:smile: I thought the exact same, have you had a phone call yet?
Reply 3
Not yet, I just got the email earlier today but I'm assuming that they'll call sometime this week since the sales will be starting soon
Reply 4
hey, I've just applied for this too. how soon enough did you hear from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by zuzu096

Posted from TSR Mobile

The day after I applied
Reply 6
Original post by MimiOsei
The day after I applied

ah awesome! good luck in getting it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by zuzu096
ah awesome! good luck in getting it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by zuzu096

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard back from them the day after also, good luck:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by bethaaaanie
I heard back from them the day after also, good luck:smile:

oh awesome, did you apply online? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zuzu096
oh awesome, did you apply online? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did, I was pretty shocked at how straight forward it was haha.
Reply 11
Yeah I did, I was pretty shocked at how straight forward it was haha.

haha I know, didn't even need a cv! lol, do they offer the job without meeting? or do they call for an induction? I presume the will call for an induction
Original post by zuzu096
haha I know, didn't even need a cv! lol, do they offer the job without meeting? or do they call for an induction? I presume the will call for an induction

From what I've heard they call and tell you to come in store, which is for the induction. I think it depends on the store, some people was asked 1-2 interview questions over the phone and then got offered the job. It's only for the summer sale so I doubt it'll be anything to complicated, hopefully! Lol
Reply 13
From what I've heard they call and tell you to come in store, which is for the induction. I think it depends on the store, some people was asked 1-2 interview questions over the phone and then got offered the job. It's only for the summer sale so I doubt it'll be anything to complicated, hopefully! Lol

I see, haha yeah exactly they just need extra staff so it should be ok. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got the email saying that I'd been shortlisted sometime last week but still haven't been called yet :confused:
Original post by Chocip
I got the email saying that I'd been shortlisted sometime last week but still haven't been called yet :confused:

I wouldn't worry too much, it did say they can contact you two weeks after the closing date. I'll let you know if I get a call, if you don't get a call after the closing date I'd ring up:smile:
Just applied for the same job guys! I'll let you know how it all works out :biggrin:
Reply 17
I've been shortlisted for this too :smile:
Hopefully I'll hear something back!
Original post by corax
I've been shortlisted for this too :smile:
Hopefully I'll hear something back!

When did you apply?
I applied for a stockroom assistant temp role last week at my local Next and they emailed me saying they had shortlisted my application but haven't heard anything since.the closing date was im Monday :s-smilie:
I bet they're are soo tired of me now hahah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys :biggrin:
I work for next as part of the Salesfloor Team, and got my first job at Next as a temporary job for summer sales. If you have any more questions, let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending