The Student Room Group

Part-Time Job Question

Hi guys,

I've recently successfully applied for a part-time job (William Hill) and until I was informed of my success I wasn't told the hours just that it was part-time. I've now been informed it is 18 hours per week, which I know is roughly standard part-time hours.

I have one question. Is that going to mean I'm working 18 hours a week every week, or is it likely to range?

Thanks,

Danny
Original post by Danny-r
Hi guys,

I've recently successfully applied for a part-time job (William Hill) and until I was informed of my success I wasn't told the hours just that it was part-time. I've now been informed it is 18 hours per week, which I know is roughly standard part-time hours.

I have one question. Is that going to mean I'm working 18 hours a week every week, or is it likely to range?

Thanks,

Danny

Can't day for definite as it depends on the contract. For example, I am contracted 16 hours per week for 3 days a week (exactly the same days and hours each week) but the managers can also ask me to swap my hours around as long as it's still 16 hours. Anything above that is considered optional/voluntary overtime!

However, if it is a zero hour contract, they can say its 18 hours per week but it may be more or less depending on how much you are needed... so make sure you ask!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending