The Student Room Group

Forgotten?

so, my boyfriend went to a party tonight, i was working and rang at 10 saying i'd be finished in an hour could i come along
'of course' he said 'give me a ring when your done n i'll come meet you'

so i rang, and he didnt pick up. drove over to his house and rang again, sat outside for a few mins feeling like a right lemon, tried once more and then went home.

its not as if he's just not noticed his phone ring.. he knew i was gonna call..

am i justified to be really upset. its an HOUR after i said i'd call, and still nada...

is this just a boy thing? to be generally rubbish and forgetful.

cos it sucks and i feel forgotten and really upset :frown:
How long have you been going out? How old are you? etc.

You should know if your boyfriend is a forgetful person or not.
An hour? Give the guy a break. For all you know his mother might have just died. Or he might have lost his phone. Or got drunk and passed out / forgot (and left his phone on silent).

If by tomorrow he hasn't phoned then yes, you have a right to be upset (although I wouldn't), but an hour? "Feeling like a right lemon" was your choice, not his. But personally I'd be more worried than upset/angry. Unconditional trust, you know?
I have no boyfriend experience, but he sounds like an asshat for doing that. Was it just this one time, or is it a more frequent thing? I think you should definitely let him know how annoying it was that he promised to do something and failed to deliver.

Of course, chances are that it was an honest mistake- maybe he put his phone down and forgot about it or something- but if it really upset you, at least try to communicate this to him.
Dump him unless he has a fantastic excuse, like accompanying someone to A&E.
Ron Stoppable
Dump him unless he has a fantastic excuse, like accompanying someone to A&E.

That really is a fairly crap post compared to the rest of yours. Is "I lost my phone and didn't have your phone number written down" not an excuse then? It sounds like a perfect one to me.
Reply 6
generalebriety
That really is a fairly crap post compared to the rest of yours. Is "I lost my phone and didn't have your phone number written down" not an excuse then? It sounds like a perfect one to me.

i agree, tht would be a perfect excuse, but i doubt its true. i'm fighting urges to send abusiuve texts, i'm gonna sleep on it and go round tmrw morning and be honest and say it upset me. hopefull he'll apologise and have a reason for it,l in which case its fine, but if not and he's an ass abourt it/has cheated, etc etc, i'll get really angry.

i'm 20 n we've not been going out long, only around a month, but still, i'd be pissed off if this was a friend, i'm not pissed off cos he's my boyfriend, more because i feel forgotten and unwanted!!

thanks for the replies tho guys
xx
generalebriety

That depends on whether she called his home number at any point, particularly when outside his house. Although why she didn't knock on the door is beyond me.
AnnieBell
i agree, tht would be a perfect excuse, but i doubt its true.

What? Friends of mine go to parties and lose their phones all the time. They also do so while incredibly drunk so, by 11, wouldn't remember that they were meant to be meeting their girlfriend. Why didn't you go and find him when you'd finished?

Ron Stoppable
That depends on whether she called his home number at any point, particularly when outside his house. Although why she didn't knock on the door is beyond me.

Precisely my point, really. :smile: Anyway, what good is phoning his home number? I thought he was out. :confused:
Reply 9
generalebriety
What? Friends of mine go to parties and lose their phones all the time. They also do so while incredibly drunk so, by 11, wouldn't remember that they were meant to be meeting their girlfriend. Why didn't you go and find him when you'd finished?

Precisely my point, really. :smile: Anyway, what good is phoning his home number? I thought he was out. :confused:

i knocked on his door and no-one was in, he's at a party and i didnt go find him cos when i rang him he said he'd come meet me rather than tell me where it was, all he said was that it was near his house.

so i did knock on the door, and i was powerless just 'looking' for him when i don't really know where the party is.

xx
AnnieBell
i knocked on his door and no-one was in, he's at a party and i didnt go find him cos when i rang him he said he'd come meet me rather than tell me where it was, all he said was that it was near his house.

so i did knock on the door, and i was powerless just 'looking' for him when i don't really know where the party is.

xx

Should've asked where it was then. Or looked for the place with the loud music. :confused:
Reply 11
its a huge place, looking for it would be a lot of effort, and how wierd to just turn up, especially if the reason he isnt answering his phone is cos he doesnt want to see me and is ignoring me or whatever.

i did consider it. i'm just annoyed and can't sleep cos i'm upset. it sucks.
Reply 12
generalebriety
What? Friends of mine go to parties and lose their phones all the time. They also do so while incredibly drunk so, by 11, wouldn't remember that they were meant to be meeting their girlfriend.

I don't think 'I got incredibly drunk and forgot about you!' is the best excuse myself, but there we go...
kizer
I don't think 'I got incredibly drunk and forgot about you!' is the best excuse myself, but there we go...

It's a legitimate one, though. Not as if you can help forgetting about someone when you're drunk. He might have already been drunk by 10 when she phoned... just because it's a hurtful action, doesn't mean it's not a good excuse. :p:
Reply 14
generalebriety
It's a legitimate one, though. Not as if you can help forgetting about someone when you're drunk. He might have already been drunk by 10 when she phoned... just because it's a hurtful action, doesn't mean it's not a good excuse. :p:

Well that's true, but surely the solution is not to get completely hammered when you have plans to meet up with people later?
kizer
Well that's true, but surely the solution is not to get completely hammered when you have plans to meet up with people later?

She rang at 10. He might have already been drunk.
Reply 16
either way, i'm ringing him at 9 an if he still doesnt answer i'm going round cos i'm not happy an i at least wanna kno whats going on!!! so i'll let u all kno!!!
Reply 17
Give him a chance to explain.
Reply 18
generalebriety

In my experience you'd have to be pretty hammered to forget who your girlfriend/boyfriend is.

To the OP, all manner of things might have happened, if your relationship was strong up till now there's no reason why he would suddenly forget all about you at a party.

On my birthday this year, my boyfriend left me and my friends in the queue for a club to go back to his room (which was nearby) to go to the toilet. He never came back. Not being entirely sober myself, I thought the worst, that he had either died or didn't love me and had run away. After a while at the club we realised he really wasn't coming back so my friends and I went over to his, woke up his roommate to let us in, and there he was passed out cold on his bed. The first he knew of my visit was his roommate having a go at him the next morning, followed by finding lots of irate texts and calls (not just from me!) on his phone. Perhaps not the smoothest way to have handled it, but just shows it all works out in the end.
wen ever that happens to me it normally turns out that hes lost his phone or it was on silent or something i wldnt worry about it hunny.
my bf hasnt phoned me 4 a week but he is on holiday and im hoping hes gunna say soemthing like my phone ran out of battery and i cldnt get ur number or something like that (fingers crossed)
xxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending