The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 1
yea. u have to pay the first term installment on the 16th in order to get the keys :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
But if you are using your student loan to pay your accommodation (like me) then you go onto the MMU finance website on the or after the 29th August and you fill in a direct debit mandate. This is because the student loan doesnt come in until you have enrolled, therefore the university knows you will be paying by direct debit and you will be given keys to your room. They then take the am ount out in October I beleive.
Reply 3
If you do what soundbwoy (and me) do, you need proof on the day you have done this i.e a print out. just remember that :wink:
Reply 4
thanks for that jim-ie, I forgot that for a second lol
Reply 5
Yeah,

At the start of the term how much money are we going to get from the maintenance loan, when we pay the other installment after the £100 were going to be broke because from the loan the money has already gone as we have paid the other installment. So how we going to pay the other installment.

Please explain this to me.

Thanks.
Reply 6
im not sure what you mean?

the rent is broken down into three installments as is the grant + loan. its basically 33% of your loan and grant each semester, (start, christmas period, middle of spring).

im basically paying the 3 rent installments when i get my three installments from my loan and grant. up untill christmas will be a grim period, as we have to pay the most rent the first time around. :frown:
Reply 7
Uhm, maybe I'm overlooking something, but when I tried to fill out that DD form online it asked me for my student ID, and i'll be buggered if I can find it on any of the letters they've sent me :mad:
Reply 8
Same, I dont know if I have one or not. I'll look later.
You get your student id when you enroll
Reply 10
if you can't do it online, you can always fill out the paper copy and bring it to enrollment/move in....or you can call the finance office and ask them what freshers are supposed to put in the student ID box on the online form.
Reply 11
I asked them about the student id aswell, its your UCAS application number minus the last digit. Hope this helps.
Reply 12
Cheers for that.
Reply 13
How much is the membership for the Wilmslow park gym and swimming pool? And is it worth it?
R15HX
How much is the membership for the Wilmslow park gym and swimming pool? And is it worth it?

For residence its ususually £200 for the year
Reply 15
Also are the deluxe bedrooms and the single bedrooms mixed up in the same building? Or are they in separate buildings?

Latest

Trending

Trending