Scroll to see replies

Original post by laylarose
I have mine on Wednesday the 2nd, except mine is from 9.15 - 12.25 :tongue:

Original post by delilahb
Same! :smile:

how was the taster day guys? :smile:
Original post by cathzeta10
how was the taster day guys? :smile:

Really enjoyed it actually. I went for the taster last year too (but decided to take a gap year) but this one was so much better. Impressed with the extra-curricular stuff :biggrin:

You?
Really enjoyed it actually. I went for the taster last year too (but decided to take a gap year) but this one was so much better. Impressed with the extra-curricular stuff :biggrin:

You?

i was too scared to go :frown: i'm a really shy person :redface: - i regret not going now
what sort of things did you do? was everyone friendly? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
i was too scared to go :frown: i'm a really shy person :redface: - i regret not going now
what sort of things did you do? was everyone friendly? :smile:

Aw! I suffer from really awful social anxiety, so I was planning on not going too until my mum convinced me otherwise. I had a taster of English Lit (analyzing some texts) and of R.S. (discussing basic ethical dilemmas) and then a sort of tutorial thing that explains the extra-curricular stuff - I looked at the Poetry Club and Book Club but they also have a Medicine Club and a Talking Science thingamajig if you're more scientifically inclined :biggrin:

Everyone seemed really lovely, but I spoke mainly to the teachers instead. Such a positive atmosphere. It's a shame you didn't go! You could maybe ring them up and explain what happened, and perhaps they'd fit you in tomorrow's taster?
Aw! I suffer from really awful social anxiety, so I was planning on not going too until my mum convinced me otherwise. I had a taster of English Lit (analyzing some texts) and of R.S. (discussing basic ethical dilemmas) and then a sort of tutorial thing that explains the extra-curricular stuff - I looked at the Poetry Club and Book Club but they also have a Medicine Club and a Talking Science thingamajig if you're more scientifically inclined :biggrin:

Everyone seemed really lovely, but I spoke mainly to the teachers instead. Such a positive atmosphere. It's a shame you didn't go! You could maybe ring them up and explain what happened, and perhaps they'd fit you in tomorrow's taster?

i really regret not going now :frown: - sounds amazing :smile:, i hate :mad:being shy. this is why i love candi it really sounds/seems like a nice place to be but i'm just so confused i have another college in mind i don't like it as much as candi but unlike candi they're letting me do 4 a-levels and a-level computing which i need to go to uni. it's either i chose to study at candi a place where i know i'll be happy and comfortable or my other option south thames college where i'd be studying what i need to go to uni but will probably unhappy there at the same time. my life is a mess :frown:
Reply 25
I await it on Friday and people? Its my birthday on Saturday! So I want gifts and greetings please :wink:
i really regret not going now :frown: - sounds amazing :smile:, i hate :mad:being shy. this is why i love candi it really sounds/seems like a nice place to be but i'm just so confused i have another college in mind i don't like it as much as candi but unlike candi they're letting me do 4 a-levels and a-level computing which i need to go to uni. it's either i chose to study at candi a place where i know i'll be happy and comfortable or my other option south thames college where i'd be studying what i need to go to uni but will probably unhappy there at the same time. my life is a mess :frown:

I've heard many horror stories about South Thames! Not the nicest bunch of people there tbh and probably won't have the same academic mindset. The location also leaves a lot to be desired... Went to their open day last year and I was absolutely horrified at how rude and brash some of the students were. Some seemed quite nice though. If I were you, I'd for the Candi - I'm pretty biased but the location is lovely and the students all seem to want to be there :smile:
Reply 27
After my taster. I don't think this the right place for me.
Original post by DebkoX
After my taster. I don't think this the right place for me.

Was it any good? :smile:

I didn't go (couldn't due to family arrangements) but I emailed them and they said it was fine and they'll keep my place and send me all the taster resources in the mail.

This is my second choice college so yeah, I don't really plan on going there anyway.
Reply 29
Original post by yellowcopter
Was it any good? :smile:

I didn't go (couldn't due to family arrangements) but I emailed them and they said it was fine and they'll keep my place and send me all the taster resources in the mail.

This is my second choice college so yeah, I don't really plan on going there anyway.

It is honestly good! But I'm not ready to change again. I have my personal reasons. The journey isntoo much also.
Original post by DebkoX
It is honestly good! But I'm not ready to change again. I have my personal reasons. The journey isntoo much also.

Oh okay. :biggrin:

Do you live around the area? What's your first choice sixth form/college? I live quite far, about 50minutes - 1hour so that's why it's not my first choice.
Reply 31
Oh okay. :biggrin:

Do you live around the area? What's your first choice sixth form/college? I live quite far, about 50minutes - 1hour so that's why it's not my first choice.

I live in Bow. It's a hassle to get to Angel. And my first choice is mos likely my schools sixth form.
Original post by DebkoX
I live in Bow. It's a hassle to get to Angel. And my first choice is mos likely my schools sixth form.

I won't say where I live, but I also live in East London and slightly near your area so I can definitely agree it's a hassle. It takes me 3 Underground interchanges. :tongue:
Reply 33
I won't say where I live, but I also live in East London and slightly near your area so I can definitely agree it's a hassle. It takes me 3 Underground interchanges. :tongue:

Wow! That's so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending