The Student Room Group

K100 Architecture 2015 entry (UCL Bartlett)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Guys I just recieved an email for the assessment task, if any of you can show me some examples of the work u sent off that would be very helpful as Im not sure with the style of work I should submit to them. :/
To think about everyone is in this competition at the moment, as one of the competitors, I don't think I will or we will share work until we get the reply from them. Good luck to you.
Hi guys! Any offers yet!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Hi are we supposed to do a response to each topic that they have given or choose one to illustrate?
Original post by thal05
Hi are we supposed to do a response to each topic that they have given or choose one to illustrate?
I have emailed them and they said whatever you want to do with them. You can choose all 3, you can just focus on one (journey), you can combine 2 (window/journey) etc.
Reply 65
Original post by audreybitoni
I have emailed them and they said whatever you want to do with them. You can choose all 3, you can just focus on one (journey), you can combine 2 (window/journey) etc.

Thank you so much :smile: When's your deadline?
Original post by thal05
Thank you so much :smile: When's your deadline?

I have submitted it on around 17/11, my deadline was 20/11. I have combined (Window/ Journey) Together
Original post by mrdanz27
Guys I just recieved an email for the assessment task, if any of you can show me some examples of the work u sent off that would be very helpful as Im not sure with the style of work I should submit to them. :/

In order to keep stuff unique and authentic, I prefer to give you advise only. UCL likes applicants to be as creative as possible. Do a range of work using different styles, still life drawings, (If you want to organise them as a story...Consider why do you want to put the order that way) Impact? Don't go over the time limit because they like to see the effect from a time constrained situation, what you can do to put the impression of what you see down to a paper.
Reply 68
I have submitted it on around 17/11, my deadline was 20/11. I have combined (Window/ Journey) Together

Ah okay good luck!! I hope you get it :smile: My deadline's the 22nd of December :/ quite nervous... did you do all your drawing from life? Because I wanted to do a personal journey as something that I learnt when volunteering but I cant do that if it needs to be from life
Reply 69
In order to keep stuff unique and authentic, I prefer to give you advise only. UCL likes applicants to be as creative as possible. Do a range of work using different styles, still life drawings, (If you want to organise them as a story...Consider why do you want to put the order that way) Impact? Don't go over the time limit because they like to see the effect from a time constrained situation, what you can do to put the impression of what you see down to a paper.

Yes thank you for your advice.. that's all I wanted really as I know people who have been rejected because they didn't comply with the task so I wanted to make sure I had interpreted it correctly... thank you so much :smile:
Original post by thal05
Ah okay good luck!! I hope you get it :smile: My deadline's the 22nd of December :/ quite nervous... did you do all your drawing from life? Because I wanted to do a personal journey as something that I learnt when volunteering but I cant do that if it needs to be from life

If it is something happened in the past that you cannot go back anymore, I would say don't....because this will limit the potential of your development. Try to think what is memorable about the experience, does going back to the place (walking along) would remind you some special memory when you stay there? How about walking the same path again and draw from what you see there when you are alone in contrast to what happened there in the past (e.g. groups of people having a campfire) Using different tones and colours/media to express that? How about drawing on a piece and photocopy it and work on the same piece again?
If it is something happened in the past that you cannot go back anymore, I would say don't....because this will limit the potential of your development. Try to think what is memorable about the experience, does going back to the place (walking along) would remind you some special memory when you stay there? How about walking the same path again and draw from what you see there when you are alone in contrast to what happened there in the past (e.g. groups of people having a campfire) Using different tones and colours/media to express that? How about drawing on a piece and photocopy it and work on the same piece again?
Try to think about the process of working instead of just the outcome. The process of drawing can symbolise the juxtaposition between the feelings before and afterward, i.e. Detail (seeing, memorable) Rough (Unpleasant, anxiety, Hatred?, Vague)
Reply 72

Thank you for these suggestions... I can tell you are very creative!!! I really do hope you get in! I am the only one in my school doing architecture so I have no-one to talk to so thanks so much for all your help.. you are a life saver!!!
Original post by thal05
Thank you for these suggestions... I can tell you are very creative!!! I really do hope you get in! I am the only one in my school doing architecture so I have no-one to talk to so thanks so much for all your help.. you are a life saver!!!

I am the only one from my school as well too.... Still waiting for their reply....Where have you applied to as well? I have applied to UCL, Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham and Manchester. I got Sheffield's offer AAA at the moment, still waiting for the Newcastle and Nottingham, if I have one more offer I am not doing my Manchester Portfolio lol!!
Reply 74
I am the only one from my school as well too.... Still waiting for their reply....Where have you applied to as well? I have applied to UCL, Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham and Manchester. I got Sheffield's offer AAA at the moment, still waiting for the Newcastle and Nottingham, if I have one more offer I am not doing my Manchester Portfolio lol!!

its weird to think how competitive the course is and yet we are the only ones at school :P
Well done for you offer!! That's amazing!!
Yeah I applied to UCL, Sheffield, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Cardiff - got a deadline of 5th jan for the portfolios for sheffield and newcastle so got a busy xmas :tongue: I applied ages ago but my school took sooo long to send it to UCAS.... otherwise I probably would have had it over with by now.

I hope you get the other offers.. I'm sure you will :smile:
Original post by thal05
its weird to think how competitive the course is and yet we are the only ones at school :P
Well done for you offer!! That's amazing!!
Yeah I applied to UCL, Sheffield, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Cardiff - got a deadline of 5th jan for the portfolios for sheffield and newcastle so got a busy xmas :tongue: I applied ages ago but my school took sooo long to send it to UCAS.... otherwise I probably would have had it over with by now.

I hope you get the other offers.. I'm sure you will :smile:

Coz you know UCL has around 1600 applicants and they filter out most of them based on the task to 400, and pick 100 from the interview for an offer. Because UCL is a creative based uni which 'they don't really give a **** about the grades'. Having an offer AAB will attract applicants from the 'top and bottom'. Top: Cambridge applicants Bottom-ish 'Oxford Brookes, Northumbia etc. Hence they get lots of applicants.

It took me a really long time to sort out my portfolios for uni and the tasks from sheffield/ UCL...
Hi thal05, I've also have portfolio requests for Newcastle and Sheffield. For Newcastle the brief was "6-8 separate images", have you combined 2 images into 1 image in any case (i.e. 2 examples of life drawing placed beside each other on the digital portfolio - and counting that as one image).... Hopefully you can help.
cheers, Tom
Original post by woodburn_97
Hi thal05, I've also have portfolio requests for Newcastle and Sheffield. For Newcastle the brief was "6-8 separate images", have you combined 2 images into 1 image in any case (i.e. 2 examples of life drawing placed beside each other on the digital portfolio - and counting that as one image).... Hopefully you can help.
cheers, Tom

Yes I had... Coz I took a photo from a series of 3 of my best life drawings and post it as one image as I think that one image represents one 'movement' of my work.
Yes I had... Coz I took a photo from a series of 3 of my best life drawings and post it as one image as I think that one image represents one 'movement' of my work.

Ok fair enough, which uni's did you apply to and with which grades?
Original post by woodburn_97
Ok fair enough, which uni's did you apply to and with which grades?

I mentioned in the previous post.
Top To bottom Choice: UCL (AAB) Newcastle (AAA) Nottingham (AAA) Sheffield (AAA) Manchester (AAA).

Got Sheffield's offer at the moment.
Waiting for responses from UCL, Newcastle, Nottingham.
Not giving a **** on Manchester's portfolio if I get two offers before Christmas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending