The Student Room Group

Annoying customers Mk II

Scroll to see replies

when I made a jagerbomb for someone, after she drank it she asked for another one, and another one, 4 times, on the last time I was trying to give her the change but she wasn't looking, until finally her boyfriend comes over and takes it for her

also when someone claims the strongbow I served him isn't strongbow, well yes it is mate, I used that tap and it's strongbow don't try and get a re-fill.
We have 2 lanes on the drive thru nowadays. We have had it for a few months now.
Well anyway, sometimes people will all queue up in the first lane. Sometimes the queue can be a mile long, and everyone is still queuing for the first lane. They dont seem to realise that if they use the second lane as well, they will get round quicker. Its as if the 2nd land is poisonous or some kind of disease or something. But when one of us goes out to move the traffic a bit and direct people into the second lane, people look at you gone out.
A customer told my manager that I need to be retrained for IDing her 20 year old niece and the fact that I wouldn't accept her 'advice' that I could change my opinion on the matter because she told me that her niece was 20 and had a two year old son. :facepalm:
Original post by SirMasterKey
A customer told my manager that I need to be retrained for IDing her 20 year old niece and the fact that I wouldn't accept her 'advice' that I could change my opinion on the matter because she told me that her niece was 20 and had a two year old son. :facepalm:

She obviously doesn't understand the Challenge 21 policy. No ID, no alcohol! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeirdLittleO
She obviously doesn't understand the Challenge 21 policy. No ID, no alcohol! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that was me I'd have a field day, because where I work we have a Think 25 policy. So anytime 18-26 year olds get all rude and sarcastic with me..I'm just like 'It's think 25' then they shut up..either that or they grumble and mumble and moan and complain.

Some customers don't get why they need 'approval' on self checkout machines!

Um..so 12 year olds don't waltz out with alcohol?
Customers who ask for a coffee, see me put it through the till.....then give me a loyalty card. grrrrrr!!!
Original post by MaseratiJay
If that was me I'd have a field day, because where I work we have a Think 25 policy. So anytime 18-26 year olds get all rude and sarcastic with me..I'm just like 'It's think 25' then they shut up..either that or they grumble and mumble and moan and complain.

Some customers don't get why they need 'approval' on self checkout machines!

Um..so 12 year olds don't waltz out with alcohol?

Ive heard people commenting when ive gone to the self checkouts before- saying to each other "we have brought alcohol, we cant go to the self service" erm...yeah you can, you just need the member of staff to come over and check you are old enough.
Everyone is really nice this year: I've lost count of the number of "have a nice Christmas" I've received! Only got 2 last year!!
It's not a customer thing but the continuous repetitive Christmas music has more than outstayed it's welcome. The same 5 songs by 3 different acts, over and over and over and over and over again.

Please, just make it stop.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Emma:-)
Ive heard people commenting when ive gone to the self checkouts before- saying to each other "we have brought alcohol, we cant go to the self service" erm...yeah you can, you just need the member of staff to come over and check you are old enough.

I love that one! Makes me laugh each time XD
Stupid things customers say #27894371118478467836:

"Hi, would you like to try some of our cheese on special offer today?"
"No thanks, I'm a vegetarian."

:wtf:
Reply 111
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Stupid things customers say #27894371118478467836:

"Hi, would you like to try some of our cheese on special offer today?"
"No thanks, I'm a vegetarian."

:wtf:

Quite a lot of cheese isn't vegetarian :rolleyes:
Original post by Juno
Quite a lot of cheese isn't vegetarian :rolleyes:

Cheddar cheese is. I had a massive sign saying cheddar cheese.
Reply 113
Cheddar cheese is. I had a massive sign saying cheddar cheese.

Nope. Some cheddar cheese is vegetarian, but not all is.
Original post by Juno
Nope. Some cheddar cheese is vegetarian, but not all is.

You're joking, right?
Reply 115
You're joking, right?

Nope.

NO WAY! My mind has actually been blown!

Not that I'm a vegetarian, but I seriously thought it was all fine.
Reply 117
NO WAY! My mind has actually been blown!

Not that I'm a vegetarian, but I seriously thought it was all fine.

I bought a wheel of brie from tesco and it's vegetarian. I looked at the same thing, but from Morrisons, and it isn't.

It's a different cheese, but shows how things that look the same actually might not be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
I bought a wheel of brie from tesco and it's vegetarian. I looked at the same thing, but from Morrisons, and it isn't.

It's a different cheese, but shows how things that look the same actually might not be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No cheese has meat in it though? Dairy produce yes and certain types of vegetarians don't eat any type of animal produce including milk. But for the most simplest form of vegetarian cheese is usually still ate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Original post by xMissDebby
No cheese has meat in it though? Dairy produce yes and certain types of vegetarians don't eat any type of animal produce including milk. But for the most simplest form of vegetarian cheese is usually still ate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, a lot of cheeses contain animal rennet - enzyme from the stomach of (for example) cows, therefore making them non vegetarian friendly. Just because something doesn't have meat in doesn't mean it has no animal parts in - look at sweets with gelatine in!

Sigh, I've had very little voice for the past few days, and have been struggling with talking to customers. I'm back in today and it looks like it's going to be the same again. Yay for lost voices at the busiest time of the year! :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending