The Student Room Group

EPQ idea

I'm looking to study law next year at uni and to boost my chances I want to do an EPQ my title is "how has law developed to a modern society?" I want to do something about law through time. Is this good or what else would be better. I want to go into business and contract law.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by Olivia207
I'm looking to study law next year at uni and to boost my chances I want to do an EPQ my title is "how has law developed to a modern society?" I want to do something about law through time. Is this good or what else would be better. I want to go into business and contract law.

That's too ambiguous a question for the EPQ, you either need to make it much more focussed (ie. 2000-present) or another specific timeframe. I made the same mistake with mine initially ("To what extent has the development of politics and society been advanced at the expense of natural Law") which is a pretty similar question to yours really.

Similarly, if you're interested in business and contract Law, why not do an EPQ on that specific area?! - shows to Universities that you're focussed and know that Silk (Criminal) Law isn't reflective of the entire profession. On the same note, it would also demonstrate to future employers that you've been interested in that area of Law since A levels which isn't a bad thing either.

If you need any more help on choosing another title or focussing the one you've got let me know - It really is better to get it sorted before you properly start!

Quick Reply

Latest