The Student Room Group

Creatine?

Can someone clear up this whole creatine thing for me, as someone who will start gym next week and is still doing initial research etc?

From what I can tell, pretty basic way of gaining mass quickly, it's present naturally in muscle cells anyway so hardly a toxin. Only downsides seem to be for people who have kidney problems as it increases kidney workload, or that supposedly taking too much can temporarily reduce your body's ability to produce it naturally.

Yet you ask someone about creatine and it seems to get lumped in with steroids :confused:

Is there something I'm missing here?
Creatine increases your creatine phosphate stores in your muscle. Creatine can increase your gains slightly. Tbh as an absolute newbie I wouldn't bother for a little while, a good novice programme, with good sleep and enough food and protein is much more important than creatine. Make sure these are sorted :smile:

Creatine is legal and you're still natty if you take it. It gets lumped in with roids due to ignorance.

Creatine makes you retain water that is true, when you first start taking it, you'll put on a lot of water weight - you need to drink a lot more with creatine otherwise you'll get stomach cramps and feel generally crap. It'll make you a bit stronger and add a bit to gainz but once you cycle off it, you'll lose a bit of strength.
Original post by Angry cucumber
It gets lumped in with roids due to ignorance.

also bb.com slang
Reply 3
Creatine, is one of the few supplements, that is scientifically proven to work. Better yet, its cheap as!

Starting, go with a creatine monohydrate powder. There is no need to 'load' with it. Just take 10g a day. There is conflicting research showing the best times to take it. Some say that it has acute benefits, so timing is not important, as it takes that long to get into the system. Others say that taken pre and post workout is best. Pre and post workout is what i do as its most convenient.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water a day, I don't track my water, as im sipping on my shaker all day. Id aim to get a minimum of 3-4 litres a day though.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Creatine increases your creatine phosphate stores in your muscle. Creatine can increase your gains slightly. Tbh as an absolute newbie I wouldn't bother for a little while, a good novice programme, with good sleep and enough food and protein is much more important than creatine. Make sure these are sorted :smile:

Creatine is legal and you're still natty if you take it. It gets lumped in with roids due to ignorance.

Creatine makes you retain water that is true, when you first start taking it, you'll put on a lot of water weight - you need to drink a lot more with creatine otherwise you'll get stomach cramps and feel generally crap. It'll make you a bit stronger and add a bit to gainz but once you cycle off it, you'll lose a bit of strength.

Creatine is super cheap, OP might as well start taking it now if he wants to bulk.
I think you went overboard with the stomach cramps / feeling crap when dehydrated whilst on creatine, I've never experienced it or heard of anyone experience it as a result of creatine.
Also you don't need to cycle on or off it. I've been taking 5g of creatine everyday for almost a year, not one problem.
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
Creatine is super cheap, OP might as well start taking it now if he wants to bulk.
I think you went overboard with the stomach cramps / feeling crap when dehydrated whilst on creatine, I've never experienced it or heard of anyone experience it as a result of creatine.
Also you don't need to cycle on or off it. I've been taking 5g of creatine everyday for almost a year, not one problem.

I've done one cycle on 5g a day that's it, I didnt see much if any effect.
I never had those side effects other than being thirsty, my flatmate and several others I know didn't drink enough and got GI signs.
Fair enough on cheapness.. Its nothing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Creatine? Not even once!

Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Creatine? Not even once!

ahahahahahahahaha
Why not try to use the gym and forget supplements for time being
Creatine? Not even once!

Lololol

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is kind of related to the thread but I'm posting in here coz need some super fast advise....

This morning I found a small spider in my proteins shake tub. I got it out but there is silk everywhere. I have sieved the powder in a fineish sieve I use for baking. I'm not sure if this has got rid of the silk. Should I just bin the powder? Or is it ok to eat spider web?
Creatine? Not even once!

lost it at prepareyourangus.org
I'm pretty sure people use Creatine and Steroids interchangeably. It makes perfect sense (like H2O and water).

My friend has a cousin who told him about a guy on an internet forum that had a younger brother. Well this younger brother had a friend who had an older brother. This older brother claimed that his friends younger brother had an heart-attack due to Steroids/Creatine. I think his name was James.

My advice; stay away from the drug that is Creatine (chemical name for Steroids).

Edit: I think he was called Jackson actually.
(edited 9 years ago)
Creatine? Not even once!

Would anyone do this. Put some creatine in a little bag, get it out in front of the popo and then troll. Or would ones angus be peppered even though its just creatine.
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
Would anyone do this. Put some creatine in a little bag, get it out in front of the popo and then troll. Or would ones angus be peppered even though its just creatine.

I think you'd get done for deliberately wasting police time.

Quick Reply

Latest