The Student Room Group

45 GCSE's ?!

This kid that comes to my college apparently didn't too well in this years A levels, says ABC probably. His uni's were Cambridge Imperial UCL and two others I forgot. He said he might still get in because he has 10 GCSE's in 4 different languages. So the 4 x( math,science, literature subjects, geography and history)= 40 or something . Is that even possible ? and if so do you think the uni's will still accept him with those low grades ? But that's assuming its true cause I find that hard to believe
Reply 1
Lol
They aren't gcse for different languages lol
You can get a gcse in a language
But not a maths gcse in 4 different languages... Lol
Gcse doesn't matter unis care about a levels, so therefore he won't get in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Velkoz
Lol
They aren't gcse for different languages lol
You can get a gcse in a language
But not a maths gcse in 4 different languages... Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you were born in Germany or Spain or France or whatever , you must go to school or do some education.. We call it GCSE's,A-levels. For them its bachaloria or something. So more or less same subjects but in different languages
What? How does that work?
Original post by Velkoz
Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's wrong actually because if there are applications of potential students with pretty much the same A-level grades, then the respective uni will next look at GCSE grades and see if they match up too. Usually the one with better GCSE grades in that case wins unless the opposing student has desirable characteristics and blah de blah.
Reply 5
Original post by HeskeyLAD
That's wrong actually because if there are applications of potential students with pretty much the same A-level grades, then the respective uni will next look at GCSE grades and see if they match up too. Usually the one with better GCSE grades in that case wins unless the opposing student has desirable characteristics and blah de blah.

Except for the fact that pretty much nobody who successfully got an offer from Cambridge will end up with ABC.
Original post by Jkizer
Except for the fact that pretty much nobody who successfully got an offer from Cambridge will end up with ABC.

I don't understand.
It's like doing IB in two languages... If that makes any sense
Reply 8
OP what he meant was he did 10 GCSEs across four languages. Not 10 GCSEs per language

It also means he probably did iGCSE. I.e. He did maths in French, sciences in Spanish, geography is Arabic etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Dylann
OP what he meant was he did 10 GCSEs across four languages. Not 10 GCSEs per language

It also means he probably did iGCSE. I.e. He did maths in French, sciences in Spanish, geography is Arabic etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't I get hypothetical answers atleast? But no, I'm pretty sure he did 10 GCSE's per language... (well that's what he meant anyway)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest