The Student Room Group

Will a guy who really likes you (or even loves you) find you attractive w/o makeup?

Scroll to see replies

In my experience guys have always complimented me more or told me I look better without makeup.
Original post by cole-slaw
I didn't say they were plastic, I said they looked plastic, like a barbie doll. Which they do, that's what makeup is for: to make you look less like a human and more like an artificially characterised version of a human.

Its meant to enhance your features -_-
Almost all women look better with make up imo and I don't mean the jersey shore kind of make up. If a guy really likes a girl then he'll like her with or without.
Original post by sbj
Well, next time use a dictionary and look up for make up.
You are not a different person, but you pretend like a one.
Therapeutic and art? Esoteric thoughts are hmmm...
Look up what art is. Painting your face is not an art because 641654654654 people do the same. Art is unique, the result is unique. There is nothing unique with trying to look what the fashion/beauty indoctrinates.

Why comment on a subject you know absolutely nothing about?

Make-up has a huge history behind it and since you clearly have 0 knowledge on it, I can understand your opinions and hatred towards it.

Makeup has been used for many generations, they are a form of art if you consider the history behind it:

The eye makeup of the Pharaohs in Egypt, to the traditions of eye liners in children (to symbolise God) in South Asia (Nepal, India, Sri Lanka etc) which has been practiced for hundreds of years, the makeup of the Geishas, the history of the use of makeup in 1800s amongst "entertainers", the invention of mascara, eye shadow, lipstick in early 1900s was heightened after the gender ratio was skewed post WW1/WW2. The classic make-up look of pin up girls in 1940s-60s, you cannot deny that pin up posters were a huge form of art and still is, even the iconic sex symbol, Marilyn Monroe, was heavily based on her hair and makeup. I can go on and on for hours....

It may not be art in a conventional way, but it is art when you take the history and revolution of makeup and fashion into consideration and these are in no way less "unique" than other forms of art.
Original post by leedswest
Sad really when I hear woman say that they get up hours early to put on makeup and never let their husbands see them without it. What normal man really cares?

There was a thread a while ago about guys who dumped their girlfriends after seeing them with no makeup. Some people are just shallow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snowystarks
There was a thread a while ago about guys who dumped their girlfriends after seeing them with no makeup. Some people are just shallow.

You see it all the time, it's crazy...
Reply 86
Original post by ryman_refill_pad
Why comment on a subject you know absolutely nothing about?

Make-up has a huge history behind it and since you clearly have 0 knowledge on it, I can understand your opinions and hatred towards it.

Makeup has been used for many generations, they are a form of art if you consider the history behind it:

The eye makeup of the Pharaohs in Egypt, to the traditions of eye liners in children (to symbolise God) in South Asia (Nepal, India, Sri Lanka etc) which has been practiced for hundreds of years, the makeup of the Geishas, the history of the use of makeup in 1800s amongst "entertainers", the invention of mascara, eye shadow, lipstick in early 1900s was heightened after the gender ratio was skewed post WW1/WW2. The classic make-up look of pin up girls in 1940s-60s, you cannot deny that pin up posters were a huge form of art and still is, even the iconic sex symbol, Marilyn Monroe, was heavily based on her hair and makeup. I can go on and on for hours....

It may not be art in a conventional way, but it is art when you take the history and revolution of makeup and fashion into consideration and these are in no way less "unique" than other forms of art.

Are you the joke himself?
I didn't deny that makeup had a huge history. Thanks for telling me this but focus to what I said.
And why should I hate makeup? Am I an idiot or something? Please, keep your wishfull thinking to yourself.

Look, thank you for the information about the history. Wow, I am enlightened...

I didn't talk about makeup as of the presentation of the body.
Yes, this you can consider it as art (makeup for theaters/cinema, and so on). This is art.

But that some Egypts or Geishas had some traditions, IS NOT AN ART!
This is not a kind of art if I consider the history behind it.
Your wishfull thinking again.
It is culture, not art.

I talked about the makeup of the mass. The face painting if we want to call it like that. And this is clearly not an art. You or Tyrion can talk as long as you want.
As I said there are some principals to follow if you want to call something as a form of art.
But if you consider my s.hit on a canvas as a kind of art, yes, then you can call everything art. Then my personality is an art. My breathing, too. And so on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending