The Student Room Group

I applied to geology course but i was offered geography, why?

Hi! I'm a girl from Finland and applied through extra to study geology in Kingston Uni. Instead of geology they offered me geography. Does anyone have an idea why this change has been made?
Of course i'm happy that I even received an offer, i had lost my hope a long, long time ago. I like geography but geology is the course i really would like to study... Do you know if it's possible to change it back to geology?
I would also like to hear some experiences about studying geology/geography in Kingston uni.
I sent an email to the university over a week ago about this situation but i haven't received any answer. Should i call directly to admissions office?
:smile:
Original post by KatieJohannah
Hi! I'm a girl from Finland and applied through extra to study geology in Kingston Uni. Instead of geology they offered me geography. Does anyone have an idea why this change has been made?
Of course i'm happy that I even received an offer, i had lost my hope a long, long time ago. I like geography but geology is the course i really would like to study... Do you know if it's possible to change it back to geology?
I would also like to hear some experiences about studying geology/geography in Kingston uni.
I sent an email to the university over a week ago about this situation but i haven't received any answer. Should i call directly to admissions office?
:smile:

I'm not 100% certain but I'd say calling the admissions office would be a good idea. You might want to give them a bit more time to reply but Universities aren't very busy at the moment since I'm assuming their exams period is over, so there shouldn't be too long a delay in replying. It is a bit odd that they've offered you a different course and I don't know why, you'll have to ask them. Obviously, you can ask them if they can switch you to geology but I don't know whether or not they'll let you since I don't know why they switched you in the first place. Good luck though!
Oh thanks for answering! I'm going to call the admissions office today or tomorrow... Just a bit nervous to call and speak English 😄 but it seems to be the only choice in this case 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending