The Student Room Group

biomedical science degree application help

I would like to a apply to university of Manchester for a biomedical science course and was wondering what do I need to make my application stand out from others ,what work experience is relevant and bow competitive is it to get on a biomedical science degree ,as I am not looking to get rejected . I am hoping to get A*AB for final A level, although I have to resit a unit in biology ,I am willing to work so hard,help
Research the course. Find out what modules you will be undertaking. Come across as passionate. If you have extracurriculars, list skills/experience you've picked up for them and why they make you a better student (e.g. leadership and teamwork from being the captain of a sports team).
Original post by fifixxxx
I would like to a apply to university of Manchester for a biomedical science course and was wondering what do I need to make my application stand out from others ,what work experience is relevant and bow competitive is it to get on a biomedical science degree ,as I am not looking to get rejected . I am hoping to get A*AB for final A level, although I have to resit a unit in biology ,I am willing to work so hard,help

It depends on what you can write on a personal statement, and what the entry requirements are. I think your AS grades are more important than your A2 predictions.

In a PS you'd have to list why this course is perfect for you. State what topics interest you, back this up with lists of reading material which you have read, weekly/monthly journals ect... You could ask your tutor whether it's worth mentioning your retake, as it may show determination to succeed, but you'll get mixed views on who you ask.

Work experience helps, but it's not necessary and a lot of students get offers without it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending