The Student Room Group

2015 Graduate Programmes Applications

Scroll to see replies

Hey I'm applying to AON - their application is ridiculously lengthy - so many questions! Some of them are a bit redundant, like 'Summarise your understanding of AON' - is that just supposed to be how we view the company and its function?

Where else are you applying? Good luck!
Original post by avash27
Definitely just bombed the KPMG numerical... wow it was hard. Either that or I am REALLY bad at maths (might be the latter tbh :redface:)

I think KPMG's test are meant to be the hardest out of the big4 :frown:
Original post by Muhammad4391
I think KPMG's test are meant to be the hardest out of the big4 :frown:

Well they definitely were! There is no doubt that they were ridiculous... can't imagine it's gone too well for me, will be keeping an eye out for my rejection email then! :angry:
They're tough but you can pass them with practice. I think an error some people make, myself included, is trying to answer all the questions, rather than focusing on answering them correctly, even if you don't finish. That said, I've passed theirs both times I've tried them but failed on the bloody SJT the second time. :/ I think I should've just gone ahead with an interview when I applied in 2012.
Original post by TCA2b
They're tough but you can pass them with practice. I think an error some people make, myself included, is trying to answer all the questions, rather than focusing on answering them correctly, even if you don't finish. That said, I've passed theirs both times I've tried them but failed on the bloody SJT the second time. :/ I think I should've just gone ahead with an interview when I applied in 2012.

Ah the SJT was not too bad, in my opinion, but who knows, I probably just got lucky. I have practiced quite a lot for these and definitely did not aim to complete all the questions, but somehow it all went a bit pear-shaped anyway :s-smilie: I have to do the PwC tests now and I am not looking forward to those in the slightest...
I have passed their SJT before, but I failed the newer one. Maybe I need to think it through a bit more. I'm considering putting a concerted effort into the Big 4 and other accountancy firms either this year, or the next., when I am looking to change careers anyway. I might do the AAT lv 2 as an additional measure, anyway.
Has anyone here spoken to/know anything about PwC telephone interviews? I have one next week for Public Services - trying to get a feel for what they might ask but so far no luck! If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated :smile:
Anyone applied to Unilever - Financial Management?
Original post by avash27
Has anyone here spoken to/know anything about PwC telephone interviews? I have one next week for Public Services - trying to get a feel for what they might ask but so far no luck! If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated :smile:

Don't PWC pretty much tell you which competencies will be included? Generally speaking, it's 1 - 2 examples per competency. Bear in mind the person interviewing you will usually be a third party interviewer, so they're basically looking to tick boxes and make sure the particular competency is met.
Original post by avash27

Just use google. However, make sure that you look at recent examples.
Original post by TCA2b
Don't PWC pretty much tell you which competencies will be included? Generally speaking, it's 1 - 2 examples per competency. Bear in mind the person interviewing you will usually be a third party interviewer, so they're basically looking to tick boxes and make sure the particular competency is met.

Not sure, there wasn't much in my email to be honest, so I guess I'll have a poke around their website to see if there's anything there to guide me. Thanks for the heads up, will be sure to keep that in mind!

Original post by Muhammad4391
Just use google. However, make sure that you look at recent examples.

Yeah I've googled but I can't find much about Public Services at all except for the official PwC pages for it. I found one kind of generic PwC guide that listed a bunch of questions so I guess I'll use that to go off of. Thanks!
Reply 31
Just a note but everyone I know who's interviewed for PwC has spoken to a manager of the relevant service line at 1st interview, so it isn't an HR box ticker but it will be largely competency led. They've just changed their competency framework so I'm not sure what is going to be assessed at what stage now really...
Interesting, must be a change on last year.
Reply 33
Hi guys,

Just to check - the Deloitte form doesn't seem to require any unit grades at all for higher education - or am I expected to add these in as separate 'qualifications?'

Also wondering if it is worth submitting a 2014 form rather than a 2015 form for tax, given that I am available to start work straight away? I understand they recruit on a rolling basis and don't seem to have filled all of the spots?...
Reply 34
Original post by TCA2b
Interesting, must be a change on last year.

My experience is from last year. I know I was interviewed by a manager in my office as I've met them...
There's quite a few people who have had telephone interviews with HR recruiters as well though.
Just had the PwC telephone interview.... wow I feel like a complete idiot after it. She definitely kept asking me follow up questions which I had already given responses for in my initial answer for the question (if that makes sense). So I feel really dumb now. Guess I'll be looking for a rejection email in the following days.
Reply 38
Is it necessary to upload your CV, cover letter and transcript in the attachment sections?

Sorry if stupid question, but I never did it for Deloitte last year and was fine. But I'm now applying to financial management in companies likes Unilever, Mars etc, as well as an application for pwc. I understand a cover letter can support your application, but I just thought the questions section would reflect what would be written in one, so do we still need to upload one?
Anyone applied to ibm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending