The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James2810
It's hard work. One of my GCSE English resit teachers doesn't explain most of the work properly. Maths is so hard. I don't understand most of it. We had a topic review last Monday and I thought I done ok but I got 8 out of 40 and 6 of my marks came from topics my class haven't learnt yet. Business Studies at the moment is just repeating stuff from years 9,10 and 11 that we learnt then and the only subject I'm enjoying is ICT.

Oh OK my GCSE English resit teacher was the same
I managed to pass with a grade C though
Maths just practice questions and use exam solutions
OK I hope you enjoy college again soon:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Oh OK my GCSE English resit teacher was the same
I managed to pass with a grade C though
Maths just practice questions and use exam solutions
OK I hope you enjoy college again soon:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The other 2 of my GCSE English resit teachers are probably the best 2 teachers in the department. I was only about 3 marks of a C in November and 10 marks of a C in June last year. I do practice questions in maths but I think it's that I just need to get use to doing work again after not going to school from 13th June to 8th September. Thanks, so do I.
Reply 3922
The work's got harder and things at home have effected me. I've spoke to my tutor and the sixth form student coordinator and they've both said that things are going to get worse before they get better and that has put me down a bit more.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me! Just try and think about the end goal, I'm sure you'll end up with fantastic results and all your hard work will pay off! :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Oh I'm sorry to hear that, if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me! Just try and think about the end goal, I'm sure you'll end up with fantastic results and all your hard work will pay off! :biggrin:

Thanks, will do. It doesn't help the fact that during most of my free periods I'm by myself so I'm over thinking personal things when I should be doing work. I want to do well these next 2 years so I can go and do something ICT or Business related at uni.
Original post by Vionar
At the moment I'm leaning towards languages, though I'll change my mind multiple times :tongue:

Languages would be interesting, I'd love to be good at them. I am not blessed, haha.
Original post by Gingerbread101
Hi guys, how is everyone? :wavey:

hello! What subjects are you taking?
Thanks, will do. It doesn't help the fact that during most of my free periods I'm by myself so I'm over thinking personal things when I should be doing work.

Same here
I might join the gym so I have something to do during my free periods as well as go to the library during me frees obviously:tongue:
Being alone during free periods sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oswalds
Languages would be interesting, I'd love to be good at them. I am not blessed, haha.

The only reason you're not 'good' at them is probably because, if you've ever tried to learn a language, you've either not been learning it in a very good way or simply aren't motivated to do it enough - special talents aren't needed, it's just hard work :tongue:
Original post by Angelo12231
hello! What subjects are you taking?

Literature, language, history and maths :smile: you?
Original post by Gingerbread101
Literature, language, history and maths :smile: you?

we repel... maths + sciences... good luck! :smile:
guys,

the year 13 thread is dead.

help me.

nothing is happening.
Same here
I might join the gym so I have something to do during my free periods as well as go to the library during me frees obviously:tongue:
Being alone during free periods sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go to the gym on a Tuesday because I finish at half 12. Monday is another good day as well because I finish at half 1. Wednesday and Thursdays are my worst because I don't finish till 5 past 4. Anything more than 3 lessons a day feels like torture now and to think I managed to cope 5 years with doing 5 lessons a day.

I'm actually a really good sciences student too (that's why I couldn't bear to part with maths), but I need my humanities for law :yes:
You too :smile:
help.
I go to the gym on a Tuesday because I finish at half 12. Monday is another good day as well because I finish at half 1. Wednesday and Thursdays are my worst because I don't finish till 5 past 4. Anything more than 3 lessons a day feels like torture now and to think I managed to cope 5 years with doing 5 lessons a day.

OK cool
Mondays and Fridays are my killer days lol and those are the days I can go to the gym because I also have long ass breaks on those days lol
On Monday and Friday I have 5 lessons and I start at 8:30 and end at 4:30 on Mondays. I have one double lesson of physics tomorrow. I also start at 8:30 on Friday and end at 3:30 on Friday where I have double chemistry and double maths:redface: it is more tiring than last year without a doubt.
The other days are calm as I start late or finish early but my early is like 1:45 or 2:30 and my late is 9:30 and 10:45

Posted from TSR Mobile

And we attract:tongue:
maths + sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK cool
Mondays and Fridays are my killer days lol and those are the days I can go to the gym because I also have long ass breaks on those days lol
On Monday and Friday I have 5 lessons and I start at 8:30 and end at 4:30 on Mondays. I have one double lesson of physics tomorrow. I also start at 8:30 on Friday and end at 3:30 on Friday where I have double chemistry and double maths:redface: it is more tiring than last year without a doubt.
The other days are calm as I start late or finish early but my early is like 1:45 or 2:30 and my late is 9:30 and 10:45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Monday's and Wednesday's I don't have a lesson 1 but I still have to be at school for 8:30 because I have to go to tutor. I could have an extra hour in bed if I didn't have to be in school at 8:30.
Original post by Vionar
The only reason you're not 'good' at them is probably because, if you've ever tried to learn a language, you've either not been learning it in a very good way or simply aren't motivated to do it enough - special talents aren't needed, it's just hard work :tongue:

Absolutely agree! People manage to learn their own native tongue to en extremely high level, so we are all able to learn a new language.
Monday's and Wednesday's I don't have a lesson 1 but I still have to be at school for 8:30 because I have to go to tutor. I could have an extra hour in bed if I didn't have to be in school at 8:30.

That must be so annoying!!
I just wouldn't turn up if it was me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GoldGhost
Absolutely agree! People manage to learn their own native tongue to en extremely high level, so we are all able to learn a new language.

Exactly, just surround yourself with the language.

Best tip, watch tv/drama in that language, you will pick it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest