The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As always, I need you awesome (I try to be nice sometimes :wink:) people's help!

If you have any stories about anything interesting that happened at an open day or what you learnt at them from when you guys were having a look at, it'd be nice to hear about them. :smile:
Reply 5381
Original post by usycool1
As always, I need you awesome (I try to be nice sometimes :wink:) people's help!

If you have any stories about anything interesting that happened at an open day or what you learnt at them from when you guys were having a look at, it'd be nice to hear about them. :smile:

Hope your BMAT went well Usy!!! :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Hope your BMAT went well Usy!!! :biggrin:

Thank you, I'm surprised you knew I had it!

The less said about that exam, the better. :tongue:
Reply 5383
Thank you, I'm surprised you knew I had it!

The less said about that exam, the better. :tongue:

You mentioned it before that you were doing it and I knew some people doing it today :tongue:

Fair enough, I'm sure you did great though :smile:
Original post by BBeyond
You mentioned it before that you were doing it and I knew some people doing it today :tongue:

Fair enough, I'm sure you did great though :smile:

Well remembered. :lol:

Thanks, I hope so! I came out thinking it was OK but the more I think about it, the worse I feel. It was also weird to be back in school again and see all my teachers after months. My old Physics teacher came to wish us all good luck so in the middle of her motivational speech to everyone, she saw me and literally screamed: "OH HELLO GORGEOUS!!! :woo:" making me go: :blush:

:tongue:

Thanks, I hope so! I came out thinking it was OK but the more I think about it, the worse I feel. It was also weird to be back in school again and see all my teachers after months. My old Physics teacher came to wish us all good luck so in the middle of her motivational speech to everyone, she saw me and literally screamed: "OH HELLO GORGEOUS!!! :woo:" making me go: :blush:

Where are you applying this year? Good luck! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine. :smile: At Imperial, SGUL, Plymouth and Liverpool (and Sheffield for biomed, but I've got an unconditional for that).

Thanks! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5387

Every exam always feels worse the more you think about it, so I'd try and just not think about it until you get the result :tongue: (that's very hard to do I know :eek:). Haha must have been good to do it a familiar environment though? Shows how much people love you :wink: Even your physics teacher loves you :tongue:
Reply 5388
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine. :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin:

Where is medicine? :wink:
Original post by BBeyond
Where is medicine? :wink:

In your medicine cabinet, probably. :wink:

(See my edit :colondollar:)

Original post by BBeyond
Every exam always feels worse the more you think about it, so I'd try and just not think about it until you get the result :tongue: (that's very hard to do I know :eek:). Haha must have been good to do it a familiar environment though? Shows how much people love you :wink: Even your physics teacher loves you :tongue:

That's true. :tongue: I'm really not sure how I've done but we'll see in a few weeks time. :eek:

Ahem, please. :fan: :colondollar: :tongue:
Original post by karmacrunch
Not really and thank you! Any advice is good. + I did actually use boxes (on my Notes page) for my Spoken Language CAT so I'll do that again! :tongue:

Ooh. How's Chemistry? O_o
I've heard about your multiple choice Qs in Economics. :eek::eek: Why did it make you want to cry? (: Well good luck for your subjects and your Maths test! :ahee:

That's a tricky one... Maybe for the most difficult- Textiles? Lots of time management needed, you have to be patient... The unpicking if you get something wrong. :nothing: I still like the subject and theory. However, since it's a creative I do have to work harder. :tongue:
Easiest? There are a few but tbh I don't think that it's going to be in every single aspect of the subjects. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemistry got really annoying recently, we started organic chemistry and there's things like 1,2dibromobutane and stuff like that which is really weird to get your head around, also had a chem calculations test a few weeks ago which kinda went badly.
Yeah the multiple choice in Economics is hard, the other part is easy but I haven't done the 25 mark question yet. I did the first part of my maths test today which was half of C1 and it was really hard and made me want to cry :frown: thanks you too!

I never did Textiles or had the option to, it sounds like design technology is that right?
No school today because of a power failure :tongue:
Original post by zhang-liao
No school today because of a power failure :tongue:

That sounds a lot better than how my day started... three sets of roadworks, two diversions, 30 minutes to go like 1km, waiting to pick up another busload of people, trying to cram on multiple busloads of people onto an already half full bus, the bus arriving 40 minutes late, being late to my lesson, have my nose start bleeding in said lesson...

But someone bought me a cookie at lunch :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzie2
Chemistry got really annoying recently, we started organic chemistry and there's things like 1,2dibromobutane and stuff like that which is really weird to get your head around, also had a chem calculations test a few weeks ago which kinda went badly.
Yeah the multiple choice in Economics is hard, the other part is easy but I haven't done the 25 mark question yet. I did the first part of my maths test today which was half of C1 and it was really hard and made me want to cry :frown: thanks you too!

I never did Textiles or had the option to, it sounds like design technology is that right?

Dibromobutane? Wonderful. :eek: I'm hope it's not too bad, I want to take A-Level Chemistry. :tongue:

25 marks? What kind of questions are worth that much? :lolwut: Ah okay, I'm sure you've done fine! Don't dwell on it too much now, good luck! :woo:

Yep, it's a DT subject!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my photo taken today for ID cards that we are getting soon. I'm not looking forward to wearing a lanyard with a picture of me on every day now.
We had the UKMT maths challenge today and as usual I stared at the clock for about an hour and a bit after trying and failing :P
Original post by ToLiveInADream
We had the UKMT maths challenge today and as usual I stared at the clock for about an hour and a bit after trying and failing :P

The guy I was on the bus with was supposed to do that, but being over half an hour late wouldn't have gone down well :tongue:
But loads of people at my school did it, my tutor was half empty :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5397
Original post by AlphaMolecule
im applying for natural sciences cambridge for physics chemistry and material science (and the mandatory maths module)

Spoiler

Jeez, no need to choose your modules quite yet :lol:
Original post by karmacrunch
Dibromobutane? Wonderful. :eek: I'm hope it's not too bad, I want to take A-Level Chemistry. :tongue:

25 marks? What kind of questions are worth that much? :lolwut: Ah okay, I'm sure you've done fine! Don't dwell on it too much now, good luck! :woo:

Yep, it's a DT subject!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not too bad, but I got a practice empa next week and I am not looking forward to it. Doing a practical in silence?! :Eek:. Got the second part tomorrow hopefully it goes well :smile:
I was never good at DT although a train I made in year 7 was amazing. But someone robbed a part of mine and other people's to make his own one because he didn't make them resulting in me having to redo one of the parts. Didn't take long, but I hated him ever since.

Original post by ToLiveInADream

Me too, the first questions were fun, but then it all went to **** after question 15 where I only answered 3 of the remaining 10 I think :frown:
Original post by alow
Jeez, no need to choose your modules quite yet :lol:

I must say that I'm guilty of looking at modules :mmm:

Latest