The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joshthemathmo
So who's doing the BPhO AS Competition tomorrow :cool:

My teacher said it was on Monday :dontknow:

Is it one of those things where schools decide when to sit it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Irritated by the fact that the majority of university open days I want to attend happen within the same 2 week period, there's no way I can attend (let alone afford) them all. Anyone else having this problem?
Reply 8022
Original post by constantino_chr
Irritated by the fact that the majority of university open days I want to attend happen within the same 2 week period, there's no way I can attend (let alone afford) them all. Anyone else having this problem?

It might be worth emailing them to see if you can go on a different day. Also some universities will pay you to attend the open days. Just ask if there is any way they can help you come look around.
Original post by Aph
It might be worth emailing them to see if you can go on a different day. Also some universities will pay you to attend the open days. Just ask if there is any way they can help you come look around.

I think gonna try and limit it to five and instead attend other events the uni are holding; I'm already attending a couple at LSE, UCL and King's and am going to a residential law conference at Warwick in July.

The good thing about being a Londoner I guess is being a train ride from some of the best universities in the world, but as soon as you want to look elsewhere it gets super expensive and difficult.
Original post by Angelo12231
yup

I don't want to do it though, it looks difficult and I really can't be asked

Do you really need to prepare?

and I have no idea... My teacher just told me I'm doing an Olympiad...

How was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think gonna try and limit it to five and instead attend other events the uni are holding; I'm already attending a couple at LSE, UCL and King's and am going to a residential law conference at Warwick in July.

The good thing about being a Londoner I guess is being a train ride from some of the best universities in the world, but as soon as you want to look elsewhere it gets super expensive and difficult.

I'm going to the conference at Warwick too in July. For the pathways to law thing right? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyricalvibe

Easy... like GCSE Maths...

Spoiler

Easy... like GCSE Maths...

Spoiler

You're spoiler makes it sound not so easy :sly:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're spoiler makes it sound not so easy :sly:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genuinely though I found it really easy... but maybe that's because all my answers were wrong :cool: how did you find it?
Genuinely though I found it really easy... but maybe that's because all my answers were wrong :cool: how did you find it?

Got mine Monday man, I heard they're giving us all the formulas you need on the front page of it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8030
Sup
Just found this thread with less than two months to go until my first exam, which is C1
Let the procrastination commence! :biggrin:

ps this year flew by didn't it :s-smilie:
Got mine Monday man, I heard they're giving us all the formulas you need on the front page of it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed :tongue: good luck
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I'm going to the conference at Warwick too in July. For the pathways to law thing right? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! Wow, small world:smile:
Yes! Wow, small world:smile:

I'm with LSE though. We'll probably see each other although I have no idea what your face looks like lol
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I'm with LSE though. We'll probably see each other although I have no idea what your face looks like lol

To my knowledge I'm the only short chubby Greek kid on the program so you might well see me...:biggrin:
I've had a viral infection for the past five days, I've got so much homework, revision and classwork to catch up on...FUN FUN FUN! And two scary ISAs..:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As do I - I'd like a medal, but it's frankly u likely... I make so many stupid errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
As do I - I'd like a medal, but it's frankly u likely... I make so many stupid errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This Physics AS challenge did not go well. I spent about half the time utterly confused, and by the looks of things I got one of the highesy marks in the class. Lord knows how everyone else felt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
This Physics AS challenge did not go well. I spent about half the time utterly confused, and by the looks of things I got one of the highesy marks in the class. Lord knows how everyone else felt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been ill all day so I'll probs do it tomorrow. My teacher told me the average so far is 15 so I'm not feeling very up for doing it -_- what do you think you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been ill all day so I'll probs do it tomorrow. My teacher told me the average so far is 15 so I'm not feeling very up for doing it -_- what do you think you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

High twenties to low thirties, could go either way to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest