The Student Room Group

Is anyone else having a GCSE book burning session

I've got my incinerator ready and plenty of past papers to get the thing going:colone:

Scroll to see replies

recycle?
Original post by star10159
recycle?

I wNt to rid myself of the stuff though.Recycling will only reintegrate the stuff back into society:literally.
How stupid. Why would you burn 2 years of work, just keep it in your attick or something. What if you need to refer back to GCSE material sometime?
Original post by Killerfishfinger
How stupid. Why would you burn 2 years of work, just keep it in your attick or something. What if you need to refer back to GCSE material sometime?

I think he's being sarcastic :rolleyes:

Hopefully...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So that it can all collect dust and waste space. Why would you ever want to refer back to the work when the entire system of GCSEs is a complete shambles anyway, with no value in anything other than the final grades?
One of my friends burned their french book, filmed it and put it on youtube. got his account banned for enticing violence :lol:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
One of my friends burned their french book, filmed it and put it on youtube. got his account banned for enticing violence :lol:

lol, I suppose it could have been considered a racial attack:biggrin:
Original post by Shadowninja107
So that it can all collect dust and waste space. Why would you ever want to refer back to the work when the entire system of GCSEs is a complete shambles anyway, with no value in anything other than the final grades?

The benefits of keeping your schoolwork far outweigh the 5 minutes of pleasure you'll get from watching them burn. Looking back over them when you're older fr example, or you could even give them away to people you know as revision resources when they do their GCSE's.

I can't tell if you're being serious lol.
The benefits of keeping your schoolwork far outweigh the 5 minutes of pleasure you'll get from watching them burn. Looking back over them when you're older fr example, or you could even give them away to people you know as revision resources when they do their GCSE's.

I can't tell if you're being serious lol.

Off course I will and agree that you should keep some schoolwork but with the amount of crap we get given most of it has no better value.
And five minutes...I've got enough stuff for over an hour of flamingo pleasure
Off course I will and agree that you should keep some schoolwork but with the amount of crap we get given most of it has no better value.
And five minutes...I've got enough stuff for over an hour of flamingo pleasure

Haha, OK, it's up to you.
*flaming, spellcheck wanted flamingo pleasure! which sounds even more fun:colone:

Why would he want to refer back to lies?
And when would he ever refer back to the subjects he's not doing at A-Level?
Save the planet stoopid
Original post by Sophsha
Save the planet stoopid

The plants need the CO2 stooooopid, did you not do GCSE Biology, it was invaluable.
Have fun burning OP xD
I left school over 3 years ago, and I had to refer back to my old GCSE science book just a couple of moths ago. You might not think you'll need it, and you probably won't, but it's better to have the option.
Original post by ryan9900
I left school over 3 years ago, and I had to refer back to my old GCSE science book just a couple of moths ago. You might not think you'll need it, and you probably won't, but it's better to have the option.

But surely the idea is that it is all in your head after you have taken the examinations?:wink:
But surely the idea is that it is all in your head after you have taken the examinations?:wink:

Oh yes, because GCSE tests your intelligence and intelligence only, nothing to do with how good your memory is! :wink:
If you have any revision guides give them away to someone who can't afford it? It would be a lot more useful than burning them :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest