The Student Room Group

Is anyone else having a GCSE book burning session

Scroll to see replies

I had my fire two weeks ago! Well fun, and got my mates over as well to watch it all burn! Pizza, drinks, and the gentle hearth of the French coursework brazier, these are the meanings of life. Pompier? Incendie! Yea, I'm not doing French for A level.

Here's a tip, my fellow burners! Get yourself a kind of fuel to make the Bunsen roar instead of hum like a boring safety flame. I used Kerosene and White Spirit. Crazy stuff, but craaazy fun! You don't need that particular blend. Might I recommend an Australian Vintage Shiraz to compliment the Physics flash cards, madam or sir? Nah, all jokes aside, the pile of paper will burn but slowly, and it needs a little kick to get things going!

DISCLAIMER: moali125 or their affiliates (hereinafter "Moali") are in no way liable for any harm, injury or damage caused by the aforementioned actions in this post. Moali or their affiliates will not be held account for any misconduct that is beyond their domain, or the vicinity of their head offices (my yard blud). Henceforth, Moali or their affiliates reserve their rights to not be charged in any way or form - as they are unable to afford it (i need the p fam). Say no more.
Original post by moali125
I had my fire two weeks ago! Well fun, and got my mates over as well to watch it all burn! Pizza, drinks, and the gentle hearth of the French coursework brazier, these are the meanings of life. Pompier? Incendie! Yea, I'm not doing French for A level.

Here's a tip, my fellow burners! Get yourself a kind of fuel to make the Bunsen roar instead of hum like a boring safety flame. I used Kerosene and White Spirit. Crazy stuff, but craaazy fun! You don't need that particular blend. Might I recommend an Australian Vintage Shiraz to compliment the Physics flash cards, madam or sir? Nah, all jokes aside, the pile of paper will burn but slowly, and it needs a little kick to get things going!

DISCLAIMER: moali125 or their affiliates (hereinafter "Moali") are in no way liable for any harm, injury or damage caused by the aforementioned actions in this post. Moali or their affiliates will not be held account for any misconduct that is beyond their domain, or the vicinity of their head offices (my yard blud). Henceforth, Moali or their affiliates reserve their rights to not be charged in any way or form - as they are unable to afford it (i need the p fam). Say no more.

That's the spirit, and you could even through in a few aerosols for the occasional surprise explosion!!!!
Original post by Killerfishfinger
The benefits of keeping your schoolwork far outweigh the 5 minutes of pleasure you'll get from watching them burn. Looking back over them when you're older fr example, or you could even give them away to people you know as revision resources when they do their GCSE's.

My sister gave me some of her GCSE stuff, came in very handy :yep: I've recycled most of my exam stuff though, it'd be too much to keep all of it..
Original post by Shadowninja107
That's the spirit, and you could even through in a few aerosols for the occasional surprise explosion!!!!

I did chuck a full can of Lynx in there, but no explosion! :frown:

(Intentional or not, I always appreciate puns. Nicely done at the beginning.)
Original post by moali125
I did chuck a full can of Lynx in there, but no explosion! :frown:

(Intentional or not, I always appreciate puns. Nicely done at the beginning.)

Well observed, I thought I hadn't made it obvious enough after posting:smile:
Well i have done this year

In previous years i just Ripped them up and throw them away but now i Rip them up and burn them and maybe piss on the ashes.

Quick Reply

Latest