The Student Room Group

Applying Late

So I finished college in summer 2013 and did not go to uni, in part because I got bad grades at A-level. I screwed up my AS levels by not trying hard enough and even though I tried very hard in my second year I had already screwed up enough that I didn't get very good grades at all.
I am currently doing an IT Systems and Networking apprenticeship with QA Apprentices and will be finishing this in December with 13 months working at a FTSE 100 company, 3 MTA (Microsoft Technical Associate) qualifications and having officially completed an apprenticeship.
However I am now wanting to go back and do University. The problem here is my A-level grades don't exactly add up to a high amount of UCAS points (I believe it to be 160) with 2 A levels (E Psychology and D Philosophy) and 2 AS levels (E Biology and C History) 0
I believe my GCSEs will not have a standing in this application process (14 A*-C) so this won't help either.

Any advice on applying to university with this kind of history?
I would be looking to study something that could potentially lead on to a Teaching English as a Foreign Language qualification as well afterwards as that experience is something I would wish to do in the future however many of these opportunities do require a bachelors degree to work in their country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending